Unique

Current Employee - Membership Representative in New York, NY
Current Employee - Membership Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday is different. You will never get bored.

Cons

Too many organizational changes. Hard to keep up with them because by the time you learn the new procedure, a new one is on the way...

Advice to Management

While its good to implement changes, it will be better if you allow personel to cope with "leraning time"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Run don't walk!

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exposure to numerous high level executive industry contacts.
    - Nielsen gold standard in market research .

Cons

Senior leaders constant push for raising the bar without backing up their claims of meritocracy. Expected to do more with less.
    -too much internal red tape since going public, no more Simple Open Integrated.
    -Senior leaders setting unattainable forecast to please Wall Street then forced to lay offs, office closings and more off shoring to accommodate missed targets.
    - limited opportunity to build Watch and Buy side experience (no interaction or cross functional opportunities).

Advice to Management

Focus on executing the core well to allow us to do our jobs (improve coding quality and stop off shoring key client database contacts).
    Train your PS teams before you roll out new product platforms to clients so that we are able to implement and service without looking like idiots.
    -Stop pushing us to raise the bar if you are not willing to support and invest in your people.
    Spend more time reaching out to those on the frontline before making division wide decisions/policies it will reduce the amount if blunders and back pedaling.
    -Stop pricing us out of the market, if we are so bust constantly putting out fires we do not have time to pitch the Nielsen value proposition .

2. It was a good company

Former Employee - Field Representative
    Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Nielsen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None. It was good to work there until it was sold out to a Group overseas then it has done nothing but go from bad to worse. They have outsourced tech support to groups overseas who have no idea what we do or the software needed to work in the field.

Cons

No family life, never home in the evenings, laid off the field employees, added more work to the employees that were still there, complained about the hours we worked, but expected us to do it anyway and keep the hours down. Then the management knows the employees in other markets cheat to keep their hours down so they can get bonuses.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees with respect