There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

social media platform analyst in nielsen

Current Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Current Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

big company and good salary and good title

Cons

but too far away from home

Advice to Management

do not like the company policy

Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen

1. Working in Neilsen improves my programming skill and also my personality.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Nielsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members are helpful and all have a team spirit which can is good for a professional development.

Cons

Management is not proper. The work is not equally distributed which make a burden to single worker and rest have less work.

Advice to Management

The work must be equally distributed with the peoples in the organisation. And there should be proper management.

2. Stay away, disgusted, dysfunctional

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I worked at Nielsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I met some great people. This applies to the majority. Heads up to these people. Aside from that, terrible. Some are a nasty piece of work though.

Cons

Everything - Low salary - Incompetent, aggressive, untrained, bullying managers (not all of them though). - LOTS of politics - managerial discussions are ALWAYS held behind closed doors, making employees very uneasy. - No training at all. - Unrealistic expectations. One is expected to complete five projects from day one on the job. - No work life balance - 12 hour days are expected and are the norm. - Dysfunctional facilities and IT support. - Overqualified people are hired to do meaningless tasks.

Advice to Management

- Respect work life balance. - Provide appropriate training. - Respect the individual. - Stop constantly slandering and threatening employees. - Do your employees a favour and hire people with the right qualifications for the job. Nielsen is so desperate for employees that people in disciplines (such as physics or economics) are hired. If you pass the "analytics" test, you are pretty much hired. To prospective employees, please, stay away. I wasted a chunk of my life and learnt nothing.