Dynamic Company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

exposure to different teams, employee resources groups, vast number of locations across the US and internationally, fun work environments, amazing people to work with, ability to work from home

Cons

long hours, making cuts across the board, executive level management restructuring, not enough training resources available

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Short life

I worked at Nielsen

Pros

Arbitron employees received a presentation about the opportunities to grow and the team-work culture at Nielsen. Many of us never saw that (see cons)

Cons

I had worked for Arbitron Inc for 15 years, Shortly after the merger with Nielsen a large part of the Arbitron workforce was notified that they would be part of a reduction-in-force. Our group was part of the RIF. I was never interviewed regarding the applications that I had developed for the company. As far as I know, the presentation by my manager to the new administration was marginalized. Everything seemed pre-ordained without regard for truly learning the intellectual content that they were buying.

Advice to Management

When you want to transition people and processes, make sure you talk to all the right people, explore all the variables and risks, and then keep them in the job until the transition is complete. Arrogance is not a virtue. Timelines mean nothing if you meet them and then have to rework everything to make it right.

Best in the Industry - Great Place to Learn CPG

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much opportunity to learn and grow at Nielsen. Many view company as a great place to start a career, but I feel it is also a great destination company where you can have a long, fulfilling career. Top performers will be asked to rotate into new positions which helps with one's career growth and satisfaction. The flexibility to work from home is a major benefit.

Cons

Could be an overwhelming environment to navigate for some. Company is currently revamping training program so perhaps the on-boarding process will be enhanced in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep up with current communication model - frequent updates on progress and initiatives via webinars.