www.nielsen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

If you're going to work in market research, work for Nielsen

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

Many, many opportunities in the different parts of the company & for advancement

Cons

Would like more interaction with other branches of the company than we're currently getting

Keep being transparent with what our company goals and give instructions on how we can achieve those together

1392 Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

The many options that they offer for their benefits package. They have a good package for medical dental and vision exams. They allow for various choices of both PPO and HMO along with a plan for savings specifically for health reasons. They also offer good choices on how to save money for retirment.

Cons

In comparison to some other companies I have worked for there is less information about different oppurtunities to advance in the company. I find that the training that I received was very inadequate. Their seems to be a lack of communication between members in the different departments and even in the same department. They do not really take advantage of the flexibility modern technology can bring to the work place to make tasks easier.

Management should be more specific about what responsibilities your job entails in training. There should be more structure in the way people are trained for the tasks they are expected to peform. They should treat all the employees with more respect and address issues that the employees have about their workplace. I find that management ignores any complaints that employees may have. Many times they do not provide the necessary resources to perform your job well.

A good place to work, with potential to be a good place to achieve great things

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

High quality co-workers -- Nielsen Mobile has many very intelligent people. Interesting high-tech industry -- the mobile space is rapidly growing and changing and becoming more important to everyone. Fair wage -- I don't know much about what others make, but I feel fairly compensated. Prestige -- our Nielsen name, and Nielsen Mobile as well, are well known and well respected across many industries.

Cons

Concerned about salary fairness across employees, need for bold vision by senior management, and lack of matching charitable contributions.

Be bold. Innovate. Change. Aim high. We have the intellectual horsepower, make a commitment to a dramatic goal, and take a chance on us being able to reach it. We've done it before. Better for us to dream big, even if we fall a little short, than to succeed at status quo and ultimately stagnate.

There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen