Nigel Frank International

www.nigelfrank.com
  www.nigelfrank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nigel Frank International

Fantastic culture, focused team and get career progression!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, results driven environment with fantastic earning potential and many great incentives including trips to Europe and monthly lunch club incentives to the best restaurants in NYC.

There is a true opportunity to develop your career here and you will have to work hard to bsuccessfulul

Cons

Personally I don't have any Cons about working here.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Nigel Frank International (View Most Recent)

Hard work but fantastic progression opportunities and earning potential.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started working at Nigel Frank almost a year ago because I wanted to begin a career and I can honestly say it was a great decision.

I did a lot of research on recruitment beforehand so I knew what to expect (long hours, pressure etc.) There is a real focus on progression in the company - it's growing very quickly so there are lots of opportunities to move up the ranks quickly if you have ambition and the right attitude. If you work hard enough and pay attention to what the successful people are doing you can get promoted to a Senior Consultant within a year and manage your own team in two years.

The earning potential is fantastic, in my first year I have had several pay cheques over £6000. I also know of Senior Consultants who are still in their early 20's earning well in excess of £10,000 some months.

The atmosphere is very vibrant and lively - everyone bounces off each other. It has a serious and professional feel yet fun from morning to evening at the same time. It's not for the faint hearted at times and it's probably not for you if you're quite sensitive or quite a quiet person, get offended by swearing or are afraid to get involved or stick up for yourself - but if you're like that then sales probably isn't for you in general.

Ultimately, it's a great place to work where you can arrive in the morning and have a laugh with a lot of like-minded people. If you're enthusiastic, ambitious, career driven and money motivated and also want to meet a lot of new friends then it's the perfect place.

Cons

Long hours - there are times when you'll have to work quite long hours, maybe 11-12 in one day. Having already researched recruitment I was ready for this. The fact is though that nobody is forcing you to work those hours - if you're very driven and want to do the best job possible then you'll probably find yourself doing this without even realising. I never find myself clock watching and even 12 hours seems to fly in because you're so focused on what you're doing. If you're worried about how long it is until you can leave each day then you're probably either not doing your job very well, not cut out for sales, or both.

Stress - this is the first job I've ever had that has stressed me out at times and that I've been thinking about even when I leave the office. I've even had points where I haven't been able to sleep properly. This probably doesn't happen to everyone though and for me it was down to wanting to perform better than I was. Personally, I'm a very competitive person and you'll find that all the best recruiters are. In my opinion, if the job doesn't stress you out at some points then you don't care enough about it and chances are you'll never reach senior management level in any professional career path let alone a fast moving sales environment.

Nowhere to hide - I was used to jobs where I could just turn up hungover or tired or whatever and just see the day out. At Nigel Frank there's nowhere to hide. Everything is monitored in real time and you'll be easily spotted. Some might feel like it's micromanagement, you have to remember though that the process has been put together by the owner who was a very successful recruiter and now a multi-millionaire so you have to think he knows a thing or two about what he's talking about.

More training for people who make the step up into team leader positions etc. where they have to manage people as well as do their job. Some people seem to struggle with this transition as being a good recruiter doesn't necessarily mean you can manage people well.

Nigel Frank Int

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working here for nearly 2 years. The company is a fast faced, growing and great to work for.

They will look after you and give you a genuine career chance if you want to work hard for it. There is a good culture in the business and the chance to meet some really good people. Work hard play hard.

You can progress and run teams pretty quickly as the company is constantly expanding so there is room to develop yourself from what you can see every month.

I like the fact that most senior consultants and above have been with the company for a while. Makes it more of a 'team' to work for. There are people here who care about improving which can be hard to find.

Cons

Expectations are high and the challenge is to keep the results coming in. The business wants to keep progressing so that's not a bad thing just can be tiring for some.

Working hours are hard but again the opportunity is there if you take it. It's part of the job and there is honesty on that from the start.

Keep communicating with us.

There are newer employer reviews for Nigel Frank International