There are newer employer reviews for Nigel Frank International

What are all these reviews talking about?

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I sit here and read all the most recent reviews and I cannot just sit back and listen to lies that do not represent this company at all. I have been employed by this company for a year and 3 months now and there has been nothing, but great experiences here.
Before you are hired here you are told what to expect. You are told that cold calling will be part of the job. It is a sales job people!!! You are not required to work late at all, but if you want to make over 150k in your first year yes it is necessary. They want to help you reach your goals and if your goals are to make a ton of money they are going to push you to do whatever it takes to get it done, which may include late nights and working some weekend. You will not get fired or will not be "reprimanded" if you do not do those thing. All that will happen is you will not make as much as you wanted to.

It seams that most of the people writing these reviews are from individuals that could not make it in a sales environment and because they are lazy or do not want to follow the process that you are trained to follow from the start. This job is for the people that want the opportunity to make a ton of money in a short period of time. You need to work hard and you need to be able to listen to instructions and the money is there for the taking!

If my employer gave me a $20,000 a month pay check to clean the kitchen, I will be cleaning the kitchen better than anyone has ever cleaned the kitchen.

The commission structure is spelled out from the start. If you are at all good at math you will realize that there is no other job that offers anything comparable to Nigel Frank. I know this, because I had 4 sales jobs before Nigel Frank promising me the world and not delivering at all.

The room for growth is absolutely there, but they are not going to let anyone start managing a team before they are ready to do so. Our growth plan is very big and when a company is growing at the pace we are you can find yourself in a sr. role far quicker than most other companies.

On top of all this everyone that works for the company is awesome. We fully support work hard, play harder mentality. We all have a great time. All my friends envy me because I actually can hang out with the people I work with and have a good time doing so.

Cons

It is a very fast pace culture. If you just want a job that has benefits and are comfortable with a 35k base salary do not waste anyone's time. You need to have the desire to make over 100k in your first year and be willing to do whatever it takes to get there. You need to expect 3 months before getting all the benefits I have addressed in the pros. It happens quick after that, but do not expect the possibility of a 20k monthly commission check until here at least 6-7 months and working your butt off.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. Get rid of everyone that does not respect the opportunity that is right in front of their face! Just kidding. But maybe you can do more with spelling out what is truly possible so everyone knows what is capable of achieving.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Changed my life

Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, huge upward mobility potential, company equity, international travel, money, lunch at 5 star restaurants on company dime, fun sales days, excellent training. There is the potential to make an absolute killing here, while the initial base may be low, within the first year I cleared $80+k. After doing door to door sales for nearly a year, what I make now in one month is the same to what I made combined in 8 months there.

Cons

long hours, you're not forced to work long, but if you want to make good money it is advantageous.

Advice to Management

Keep up the development of your younger employees, they are the key to continued success

Do yourself a favor and do not work here you will regret it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

Great people everyone is a lot of fun. They offer a base salary which is hard to find for a sales job. The training is good they will teach you how to sell.

Cons

You will be hired as a recruitment consultant responsible for cold calling new clients and candidates. You will be responsible for building out their database; data entry for the follow: finding new clients and contacts, figuring out their email addresses and then finding candidates and entering them in their database.

You are doing the job that 3 or 4 people should be hired for. This is to make up for the base salary they pay you.

During the hours of 830am-530pm you are expected to only cold clients leaving the other 3 major parts of this job to be done after 530pm. They expect you to stay till 9-10pm every night. You will never meet your candidates or clients this is a straight cold calling environment.

The commission structure is a joke. The % you make is all based within a months time and resets each month. Your commission check does not reflect the money you bring in for the month. There are many factors and loop holes to keep your commissions lower and more money in the companies pocket.

They offer vacation that you'll will never get to use. There is no such thing as a sick day. They would rather you come in throwing up then take a day off.

This is a bully culture. Do not question anything just say okay. They hire people straight out of college who will not have any office experience so you believe this is how a company operates.

They will constantly sell you on growth and career opportunity that does not exist.

If you aren't close enough to the office they will force you to move before even starting the position even if you are able to commute. They do this to create a need. Now you have to pay rent on an apartment and you need to keep the job.

They want people who are desperate for money and they use that against you. They hire people based on if they support themselves completely not if you are qualified for the job. Not hiring someone because their dad is paying their rent for the first year they live in the city. This person does not qualify because if they hate the job( which you will) they can't quit because they don't have a desperate need for money.

This place is ran like a sweatshop.

You are 100% disposable. You can be the top biller and your job is still not safe. They lose there best employees all the time.

There turnover rate is high and the average employee stay is 6-8 months

The best thing they will do is teach you how to find people jobs so you can find yourself a real job.

If you work here you have to always be looking for a new job to protect yourself!

Advice to Management

None because they wouldn't listen to it anyway.