There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage

Best company I have worked for in my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most talented people I have ever worked with. There has not been a single day that I have been upset about coming to work. I really enjoy not having to deal with all the "big" company politics/treatment. Everyone's voice is heard. A big difference I see in this company is the ability for groups to work together in a productive manner. Sales, Inside Sales , Marketing, Support, & Engineering all work together. HR team has been fantastic in supporting everyone as well, best I've dealt with in this industry. No micromanaging is a big plus.

Cons

Nothing is outstandingly negative. I would prefer to not have to move to a larger building again :)

Keep the hiring standards up. Referrals have been very important, lets keep that up. More parties!

29 Other Employee Reviews for Nimble Storage (View Most Recent)

I like going to work everyday

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are sharp and know what they are doing. I was impressed that senior management says, "Hi" to me by name in the halls. Management has a good meesage. HR staff is great. Admins are nice. It is just great to be surrounded by smart people with a good attitude.

Cons

I don't like the hang out and drink and talk with management on Fridays. 50% of us don't drink (yep, that is the number in the U.S.). Drinkers don't realize that they are judge by the non-drinkers with a bit of skepticism.. If it takes a drink to be social then maybe you have other issues.

Find a way to be social without booze. As one of the few (only) Muslims in a company that is C-level Indian. How about we site around and eat beef on Fridays. Fits better with my religion.

Great potential, slow to evolve, internal bickering/middle management hurting company

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very smart, driven group of employees
    Executive team well chosen they have a good vision, are friendly and accessible, not to mention damned smart
    Product has potential to seriously impact established storage market

Cons

Middle management(director/manager level) is a mess and for some strange reason has a lot of control. They dictate too much policy, plan poorly, and are always reactive.
    Poor meeting etiquette always interrupting, shouting, and do not respect others opinions, or even let them speak.
    The move from old site was a mess, building selection was rushed and has been out grown in just a few months.
    Expectations of working ridiculous hours, many have families and cannot work 80 hour weeks.
    No interdepartmental growth and very few internal promotions.

Exec staff, please take control of your directors, they do not share your leadership skills, or vision.
    Train or replace them, you are too busy to have to micro manage them and they will hurt the company.
    How can a company that has doubled in size cut infrastructure help? Building staff and suppport have had head count reduction, how can that be?

There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage

Worked for Nimble Storage? Contribute to the Community!