Nimble Storage

www.nimblestorage.com
  www.nimblestorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage

Excellent start-up culture, overall good company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many people at the company are very passionate about the product, most people are enjoyable to work with and very bright people in general.

Cons

As with many companies, there are a few bad apples that spoil the bunch. Some employees seemed to have gotten hired based only on their connections and not their merits, which is evident in the quality of their work.

Review your compensation structure, provide incentives for the better performing employees to stay and the non-performing employees to improve or get lost.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Nimble Storage (View Most Recent)

Great culture, disruptive technology, customers love you!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People: Despite massive growth (over 500 employees now!) Nimble has managed to maintain incredibly high standards, and has hired very talented people who are ridiculously good at their jobs, but still fit in with the culture. Hiring managers tout the "no jerks" policy and really stand by it. I firmly believe in healthy competition, and working alongside the best motivates me to raise my game, so I get better every day.
    Technology: The CASL file system that the founders built is truly game changing. It's not the sexiest consumer product, or even the easiest enterprise storage product to market because it's true differentiations are subtle and don't fit on a t-shirt. But it is a game-changer for the customers that buy it, and every one of the customers I've spoken with are fanatical about how much they love the technology and the support.
    Career advancement: Fastest growing company in a $25B market, this is a true meritocracy where even the C suite notices when you perform, the company has at least doubled revenue every year since launch, and has filed for an IPO. You do the math, the sky is the limit!

Cons

Only the typical growing pains of a hyper growth company - we've outgrown two offices in two years. And a caution for the faint of heart: the company does not suffer fools gladly - if you are not capable of contributing and keeping up with a very aggressive pace, there is no where to hide.

Keep up the good work!

software engineer intern

I worked at Nimble Storage as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People are nice and patience there. There is free lunch on each Tuesday and breakfast on Mondays. Projects are interesting and challenging.

Cons

Managers and some stuff engineers have many meetings everyday and it's hard to find them. The best way is to send emails.

There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage