Nimble Storage

www.nimblestorage.com

I haven't been part of a better organization in my life - everyone is so humble

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

Pros

#1 - Founders have a keen focus on providing the best possible culture, experience and enjoyment across the company.
#2 - The Product and CASL is so disruptive that it's not yet unleashed its full potential and this will bring the company to $1B of revenue one day.
#3 - Work Life and Time Off is well-differentiated by Nimble providing Unlimited Time off. This gives you a chance to truly manage your own schedule and spend time with your families when you need it most.
#4 - No Jerk Policy is unique and effective. I have yet to experience a jerk at Nimble and this is what truly brings a company forward; with the best possible team you can work for.

Cons

Right now, I haven't seen one con and that's very surprising. Time will tell.

Keep up the momentum as we take share in the storage market. The foundation of the CORE principles need to always stay in place for the further success of this company. Leadership couldn't be better. Suresh, Varun and Umesh are truly some of the most humble and truly genuine folks I've ever met.

Other reviews for Nimble Storage

Level headed executives. No hype, just results.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Work and life balance. Great technology and executives with skillful strategic command of Nimble enterprise.

Cons

Aggressive deadlines and tendency to cram too many features in short cycles.

Keep on being level headed.

Not the best of choices

Pros

Nice Area - Silicon Valley, brand-new building, lots of free junk food (a pro for some).

If you are okay with/like to brown-nose and are good at it (I do not mean this in a demeaning way, it's simply how some people operate) it could be a good fit.

Cons

Almost everything else falls into this category.Culture started off decently, but it's rapidly gone down hill. There's an absurd amount of favoritism at this company; hard/intelligent work seems to go unnoticed/unappreciated across the majority of teams, however brown-nosing seems to go a very long ways. Senior management tend to hire/promote their friends, which results in a bunch of people (some in high places) that know absolutely nothing about what they are overseeing/talking about, which brings a lot of distress to those who put their all into their jobs.

Management (even mid-level) here is extremely high-level, and tends not to provide any guidance or even general availability which makes this is a terrible place for someone who is interested in career/skill development (and in many cases - simply finishing a task).

My "Business Outlook" rating is based solely on how well I think the company will push their product, in terms of culture/work environment, I am almost certain it will get worse.

Appreciate hard-workers and stop with all the penny-pinching (maybe move some of the Sales budget; they are treated like royalty, while the rest of the teams are treated like peons...a phenomenon that's very highly noticed by everyone), I understand this is a newly public company and the numbers need to be met, but you won't be able to meet those numbers over the long term with a disgruntled workforce.

There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage.

Worked for Nimble Storage? Contribute to the Community!