There are newer employer reviews for Ning Inc

Great job. Great people. Great space.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ning Inc

Pros

If you are motivated, passionate, and looking for a place where your great ideas won't fall on deaf ears, then Ning is the place for you. Teams are made up of bright, hard-working (but efficient), collaborative folks who leave their egos at home but bring a sense of pride and humor to their work. Did I mention the free lunches? Every day? If you're a talented, tech-savvy vegan...my goodness, APPLY NOW.

Cons

Sometimes the HVAC gets out of whack. Dress in layers ;)

Our UX could use some TLC. Don't be afraid to invest in tools that will breed efficiency and consistency across mobile, tablet and desktop. We owe that to our users.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Ning Inc (View Most Recent)

A lot of ownership at a changing and growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ning Inc

Pros

-The people are amazing - it's one of the best assembled teams to work with. Everyone brings a lot to the table and has a lot of responsibility but it's very collaborative so employees are constantly learning from each other as well.
    -Even though the company has gone through a lot of changes and growing pains, we have a very transparent and caring management team. They openly talk about what decisions are being made, why they're being made, and how they affect everyone. Plus, employees have ample opportunity to ask questions and receive honest answers about the future direction of the company.
    -We're growing, but it's still a small enough company where you aren't pigeonholed. Employees are able to have ownership and see the impact of their work - which is much harder to do at a larger company.

Cons

-There has been a ton of change this past year and morale was low for a good part of it. However, as we've been able to see the successes of making those changes, morale is getting better.
    -It is still hard to have the best work-life balance, but that's what any start-up (early stage or growing) offers.

-Continue to talk to employees and understand where they want to go with their careers and help make that growth happen at Ning.

Mixed experience at Ning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Ning Inc

Pros

The team at Ning was amazing. Very consistently smart and motivated engineers that really wanted to do the right thing.
    Great advocacy and ops teams help developers concentrate on building new software and understanding what customers really want.

Cons

Remarkably poor management, especially around senior leadership and product. Its kind of amazing that the same team that failed so miserably at building a product people are willing to actually pay for is now at it for a second time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Now there's a Ning logo next to insanity in the dictionary.

Replace everyone that led product definition and designed the product development process. Let engineers run the show the way they used to and stop pretending you know things you don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Ning Inc

Worked for Ning Inc? Contribute to the Community!