Nintendo of America

There are newer employer reviews for Nintendo of America

Overall Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice new corporate headquarter with gym, bonus program, fun corporate events. Great products.

Cons

Major growths and recent re-organizations has changed the overall culture of the company

Invest in training your existing staff instead of simply bringing in new people.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Nintendo of America (View Most Recent)

Great coworkers, but little room for advancement.

Former Employee - Product Tester in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Product Tester in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture of the workplace was amazing. I did not go a day at work without smiling or laughing.

Cons

Testers are treated with very little respect. The company requires that you take two months off a year to avoid you gaining rights. They lose a lot of good talent this way.

A great experience overall

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America

Pros

Nintendo of America had pretty amazing health benefits while I worked there. Additionally you get some nice discounts on video games, systems and memorabilia. There were also plenty of perks like free Mariners tickets, a yearly raffle for a chance to get their Hawaii house for a week (you only paid airfare and taxes, not free but still an amazing deal) and plenty of other stuff. It generally felt "fun" working there. They also offered to pay for training in Japanese language and culture and there were opportunities to travel to Japan and work with them over there.

Cons

The pay in the Information Technology Department was really pretty dismal. With Microsoft literally less than a mile away it's hard to believe they attract and retain talent, though work life balance at Nintendo is probably miles ahead of MS or any other high tech on the Eastside.

Overall I always felt management was doing a pretty good job the only thing I would say is that they could probably do a better job of breaking down some of the departmental walls (especially within IT) and work more on collaborating outside of each others individual units.

There are newer employer reviews for Nintendo of America