There are newer employer reviews for Nintendo of America

Unhealthy and poorly managed work environments

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Nintendo of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, innovative games and products, an industry favorite, brand recognition.

Cons

Nintendo of America has become an extremely depressing and stressful place to work. The cons of working for this company far outweigh the pros. I have watched many talented and passionate employees feel the need to quit in recent months due to the overwhelming lack of fair treatment. Morale couldn't be any lower in my department and this seems to stretch across many areas of the company. One major problem with this company is the poor management structure and blatant displays of favoritism. Management decisions are based on emotion or opinion and not with the companies future in mind. There are next to zero advancement opportunities for interested and qualified individuals. NOA does not seem to value or reward the longer term employees as much as they are only interested in finding the cheapest way to have the most amount of work done. In recent months many current full time positions have been devalued and job duties have been redistributed to contracted workers who are paid less and do not receive company benefits. There are borderline illegal activities within the Consumer Service/Product Testing building and the HR department does not seem interested in helping whatsoever. Once a dream job, I can say this place has become more of a nightmare in recent months and years.

For those within management that truly care to provide a fair, and healthy work environment, I'd suggest investigating some of the abusive treatment towards not only the contract workers, but more so the full time employees. When the larger majority of a department is absent on almost a weekly basis using FMLA for depression, one would think that some real change is needed up top. Please consider the lives that are being effected through the lack of concern, and lack of accountability of those in the positions of power. Also, while Nintendo is a very frugal company, please consider spending the money and providing functional tools to work with. We cannot work with constantly broken tools and continue to receive poor reviews because our work is not able to be tracked or completed properly.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Nintendo of America (View Most Recent)

Overall Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice new corporate headquarter with gym, bonus program, fun corporate events. Great products.

Cons

Major growths and recent re-organizations has changed the overall culture of the company

Invest in training your existing staff instead of simply bringing in new people.

Great coworkers, but little room for advancement.

Former Employee - Product Tester in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Product Tester in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture of the workplace was amazing. I did not go a day at work without smiling or laughing.

Cons

Testers are treated with very little respect. The company requires that you take two months off a year to avoid you gaining rights. They lose a lot of good talent this way.

There are newer employer reviews for Nintendo of America