Great Place to Work

I have been working at Ninyo & Moore full-time

Pros

Despite the downturn in the economy, Ninyo & Moore has managed to continue to grow in the past few years. Avram is an excellent businessman who cares about his company and staff (he seems to know every employee in every office). His name is literally on the line, so he expects a lot from his employees and holds everyone accountable for their actions. Those who are motivated, work hard, and excel are recognized and rewarded.

Ninyo & Moore is involved with a diverse range of work (Geotechnical, Geophysical, Environmental, Construction, Forensic, +more), and the personnel within each department are generally some of the more knowledgeable in their respective fields, so it is a great place to learn and gain plenty of valuable career experience.

Cons

Offices, computers, and software are somewhat outdated. Management can be a bit lenient on employees who do not pull their weight. For some reason, some employees have an unjustified sense of entitlement. At times, the workload can be overwhelming. Limited training for lower level staff.

Most of the typical design/construction cons also apply, but are probably more attributable to state of the industry rather than anything Ninyo & Moore is doing.

Provide more support and training to lower level and newer staff. Pay closer attention to employee workloads.

Other Reviews for Ninyo & Moore

The Worst Ever

I have been working at Ninyo & Moore

Pros

Small enough to not influence anything in the real world. Subsidized cokes and snacks. parking spaces.

Cons

Avram Ninyo. Senior management. Staff. Old beat offices. Stupid phone system. Phantom bids. No rasies. No advancement. Long hours. Low pay.

Listen to what people say. Quit believing everything you division managers tell you. Pay attention to mid and low level staff.

Glad I'm gone!

I worked at Ninyo & Moore

Pros

I am speaking for myself and another former employee. Both of us worked in Southern California offices. We both admire Avram Niyo, who is a good man -- generous, decent, thoughtful.

Cons

Unfortunately, the economic downturn has brought out the worst in Ninyo & Moore's senior staff. Rampant paranoia, finger-pointing, blame, etc., all directed toward less senior staff. Avram likes to send out frequent missives with encouraging words, but he is also clueless about the senior staff he trusts. Many of them have been there for decades, so he values them for their perceived loyalty. However, they do not add worth and only cause problems. There's a lot of favoritism and nepotism. Many of the managers are lazy and just coast by, and are threatened by newcomers.

Former employees talk. I am completely candid about my experiences, and I have discouraged my current employer and other industry colleagues from teaming with Ninyo & Moore because of the sloppy business practices of the firm. You need to encourage dialogue and transparency among staff, Avram.

There are newer employer reviews for Ninyo & Moore.

Worked for Ninyo & Moore? Contribute to the Community!