Nissan North America

www.nissanusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nissan North America

Large comapany, can get lost in the structure

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Smyrna, TN
Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Nissan North America

Pros

I like working for a company that is doing well and seems to try to be number one.

Cons

Allows the size to be a hinderance in getting things done

159 Other Employee Reviews for Nissan North America (View Most Recent)

above average

Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Nissan North America

Pros

Car perks, relaxed work enviroment, friendly people, balance of work and life, management style, access to senior management, on site daycare

Cons

satelite office, limited career advance opportunity, hot summer in TX, average pay package, open area parking with a lot of identical nissan/infinity cars.

Sweatshop mentality

Current Employee - Production Technician in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Nissan North America

Pros

Pay (though haven't recieved a raise in 7 yrs), benefits, vacation time.

Cons

Where do I start, of course the very problem with the company in the first place, incompetent management, at all levels too. They have no idea at what goes on. Shop floor level management is a complete travesty. Shop floor managers should be required to know every job in the zones they manage, then they would have a better understanding of what their techs go through on a job every day. All they do now, is sit in break area on the computer or personal phone all day. They can't run a job, can't find parts for your job, but they sure can tell you how to do your job. They take advantage of offline people, you are basically the managers personal slave. The machinery in the plant is very outdated, we build 2012 cars with 1992 tools for the most part, because company will not spend money on tools. But they sure do have money for manager charts, recycle garbage cans, etc. Speaking of charts, managers track each individuals downtime, use of pull cords for defect, your defects, an how many times you go to the bathroom, all of this can be punishable to corrective action between management, an a HR service that's supposed to be for workers but gets their answers to you from upper management. And since I mentioned bathrooms, on most days our bathrooms are out of, an can be all of these items at same time, hand soap, paper towels, toilet paper, an even electricity (how can you make this up!), all because they have cut back on cleaning services.
         I have been online for 20 years an have no chance for promotion. If you speak up, which I do, you are basically black listed as having a bad attitude, a trouble maker, not a team player. They say they want your ideas for job inprovements, when you give them one, they can't do it because it costs money, it's all mind games, they love playing psychological mind games on people all the time.
         My final straw with management was 2 years ago, due to economy, was put on 4 day work weeks, only way you got paid for fridays was using your own personal time hours, or your own vacation days (we only get 5 or 10 days, depending on tenure). We worked on 32 hrs for right around a year, while all levels of management received full pay. The CEO of company got on company airwaves an told us EVERYONE IN COMPANY WOULD RECEIVE NO RAISES OR BONUSESTHAT INCLUDED MANAGEMENT, what did they do months later.....gave managers raises an bonuses do to the performance levels of their zones.
         Now they bring in temp workers, (I'm sorry, associates, if u say temp , you can lose your job), they are piping sunshine to them in the promise of if they stay they will become a Nissan employee. Well all I have to say about that is if this company is so great, then why did over half the workforce about stampede over each other to leave when they offered buyout. With the economy the way it is, shouldn't that be a red flag to upper management that they have a serious problem when you have that many people willing to leave a job like this.
         If you were loyal an stayed, you got penalized with taking jobs out that buyout workers once occupied, an spread their work out on everyone else, all the while management makes $$$ out of it all through reduced hours, reduced workforce, reduced wages through associate workers. OH BUT WE GET HAMBURGERS AN HOT DOGS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Management is out of touch, put some gloves on an see what the workers go through day in day out. If it wasn't for us, you'd have no sitting on your behind all day job.

There are newer employer reviews for Nissan North America