Nissan North America
www.nissanusa.com Franklin, TN 5000+ Employees

Not nearly as good as it once was

Technical Training Specialist (Former Employee)
Smyrna, TN

ProsThe work was challenging and interesting. Many of the people were great to work with despite a generally low morale. Depending upon the job demands there was often flexibility of work hours/days.

ConsNissan has since 2006, continually cut the pay and benefits of everyone on site with the exception of higher ranking managers. It was/is the proverbial death of a thousand cuts. I still have many friends there and the news remains the same. For example, as of the end of 2012 the defined benefit pension is no more. This is despite the incredible success the plant has achieved through new model launches as well as increased quality, productivity and profitability.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor first line management and technical people I would recommend learning all you can, taking advantage of the educational benefit (if it remains) and leaving the industry.

Job has its ups and downs like any other job, but fringe benefits are good.

Buyer (Current Employee)
    Franklin, TN

I have been working at Nissan North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you're a Sr. Level non-manager, then you get a nice car allowance. Communication technology is great.… Cons: Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Global company means lots of phone calls at… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the Hays Surveys we've taken the last few years and change accordingly. … More

Good experience with Nissan

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
    Franklin, TN

I have been working at Nissan North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Innovative, autonomous, challenging, creative, exciting Cons: There are no cons with Nissan. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nissan North America.

Worked for Nissan North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nissan North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nissan North America CEO Carlos Ghosn. All reviews posted anonymously by Nissan North America employees.