There are newer employer reviews for Nissan North America

Not nearly as good as it once was

Former Employee - Technical Training Specialist  in  Smyrna, TN
Former Employee - Technical Training Specialist in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Nissan North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work was challenging and interesting. Many of the people were great to work with despite a generally low morale. Depending upon the job demands there was often flexibility of work hours/days.

Cons

Nissan has since 2006, continually cut the pay and benefits of everyone on site with the exception of higher ranking managers. It was/is the proverbial death of a thousand cuts. I still have many friends there and the news remains the same. For example, as of the end of 2012 the defined benefit pension is no more. This is despite the incredible success the plant has achieved through new model launches as well as increased quality, productivity and profitability.

For first line management and technical people I would recommend learning all you can, taking advantage of the educational benefit (if it remains) and leaving the industry.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Nissan North America (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience with great culture and great people

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Canton, MS
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Canton, MS

I worked at Nissan North America as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone is very helpful in whatever situation that you are in. You are able to get real experience by working on projects that will be used throughout the company for many years to come. People are open to ideas and they really embrace the "Nissan Way"

Cons

I felt that I was stuck inside of the facilities all day long. The city of Canton doesn't have many restaurant options. You can eat in the company's cafeteria, but sometimes you want to have other options. It takes about 10 mins to get to Madison and that cuts into your 45 min lunch break.

Continue to stay open to ideas and honest with your employees.

Job has its ups and downs like any other job, but fringe benefits are good.

Current Employee - Buyer  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Buyer in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Nissan North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a Sr. Level non-manager, then you get a nice car allowance. Communication technology is great. Most employees are great people to work for and with. We have a free company gym.

Cons

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Global company means lots of phone calls at night from home. They will screw with your salary. Company performance goals are often unachieveable.

Listen to the Hays Surveys we've taken the last few years and change accordingly. Quit thinking short term by hiring poorly skilled temps to perform the job for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Nissan North America

Worked for Nissan North America? Contribute to the Community!