There are newer employer reviews for No Frills Supermarkets

Deli clerk/ cashier/baker

Current Employee - Cashier in Elkhorn, NE
Current Employee - Cashier in Elkhorn, NE

I have been working at No Frills Supermarkets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the front end has very flexible hours it was great in highschool. best coworkers ever! GREAT FRIST JOB as a cashier or clerk, or if never had a job, very easy just be respect of co works. deli you get great hours. but its really not a horrible job. its a job, not a career.

Cons

the store director in elkhorn is an ass. bc when there was nothing to do, i've had to dust the walls and Cellini tiles instead of go home, or my favorite was he'd pick up things that were in wrong spots and put them on your belt and say put this back, and a few time i had to sweep the parking lot. pay was horrible. after two year working as a cashier i was making 7.50(after i threaded to leave(start 7.25)) some of the newbs got payed more then the us returning people even if the new ppl have had no previous job experience. so i moved to deli to earn an extra .50 cent raise. but i almost didnt get that bc it was such a "large" jump even thought its alot more work. because there corporate rule is everyone gets a 1% raise. as a casher dont expect may hours if your in highschool. bc they mostly need day ppl, durring the summer there were so many of us i got an average of 15 hours i wanted full time. in the deli i got full time, but with school starting i want less and its not working out to well. plus its a kitchen job so expect some burns and cuts very once and awhile. i hated bakery bc they only gave me closing shift so i stopped that. all i did was clean. and 90% of the food was frozen then baked off and frosted. only puppy chow and trail mix was homemade.

the store in elkhorn is never that busy

and idk if its going to get worse or better with the takeover by nash finch but im not staying much longer to find out

if you want good people you have to pay them. to the cash office women(she was her own boss and employees), you dont work in the deli,meat, produce,grocery,bakery departments, so dont tell us how to run our jobs, and stop nagging the cashier to sell fundraiser stuff, its not required and is optional.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst Job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I worked at No Frills Supermarkets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I did get to work with some good people in my area.

Cons

Rude Management. Sometimes they would not schedule enough people on certain nights that they knew we would be busy. They would change schedules on people with out telling them and then get angry when the employee didn't show up and then would try to write them up as a no call no show. Rude stuck up customers. I am sorry but just because you have money doesn't mean you can treat people who don't like garbage. Ya there were a couple of really nice and good regulars but the other 80% were just horrid. And for what we had to deal with every day the pay was crappy. The quality of products in their stores is horrible as well. Ya you have your basics sometimes. I tend to think they stock their liquor section than some of the other sections selection. Depending on where you go their produce is lacking.

Better pay. Reliable and knowledgeable management. Better quality and quantity of food choices.

2. Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Cashier in Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at No Frills Supermarkets part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about it is the other employees

Cons

The pay is horrible! After being there over a year I only got a 10 cent raise. The customers are worse their all crakheads and we have to deal with them

They pay is not worth the stuff we have to go through. So raises would make this place a little better for the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for No Frills Supermarkets