No Frills Supermarkets

www.nofrillssupermarkets.com

Deli clerk/ cashier/baker

Cashier (Current Employee) Elkhorn, NE

Prosthe front end has very flexible hours it was great in highschool. best coworkers ever! GREAT FRIST JOB as a cashier or clerk, or if never had a job, very easy just be respect of co works. deli you get great hours. but its really not a horrible job. its a job, not a career.

Consthe store director in elkhorn is an ass. bc when there was nothing to do, i've had to dust the walls and Cellini tiles instead of go home, or my favorite was he'd pick up things that were in wrong spots and put them on your belt and say put this back, and a few time i had to sweep the parking lot. pay was horrible. after two year working as a cashier i was making 7.50(after i threaded to leave(start 7.25)) some of the newbs got payed more then the us returning people even if the new ppl have had no previous job experience. so i moved to deli to earn an extra .50 cent raise. but i almost didnt get that bc it was such a "large" jump even thought its alot more work. because there corporate rule is everyone gets a 1% raise. as a casher dont expect may hours if your in highschool. bc they mostly need day ppl, durring the summer there were so many of us i got an average of 15 hours i wanted full time. in the deli i got full time, but with school starting i want less and its not working out to well. plus its a kitchen job so expect some burns and cuts very once and awhile. i hated bakery bc they only gave me closing shift so i stopped that. all i did was clean. and 90% of the food was frozen then baked off and frosted. only puppy chow and trail mix was homemade.

the store in elkhorn is never that busy

and idk if its going to get worse or better with the takeover by nash finch but im not staying much longer to find out

Advice to Senior Managementif you want good people you have to pay them. to the cash office women(she was her own boss and employees), you dont work in the deli,meat, produce,grocery,bakery departments, so dont tell us how to run our jobs, and stop nagging the cashier to sell fundraiser stuff, its not required and is optional.

Worst Job I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Papillion, NE

I worked at No Frills Supermarkets full-time for more than a year

Pros: I did get to work with some good people in… Cons: Rude Management. Sometimes they would not schedule enough people on certain nights that they knew we would be busy. They would change schedules on people… Advice to Senior Management: Better pay. Reliable and knowledgeable management. Better quality and quantity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible place to work

Cashier (Current Employee) Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at No Frills Supermarkets part-time for more than a year

Pros: The best thing about it is the other employees Cons: The pay is horrible! After being there over a year I only got a 10… Advice to Senior Management: They pay is not worth the stuff we have to go through.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on No Frills Supermarkets.

Worked for No Frills Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!