There are newer employer reviews for Noah's Bagels

It was okay for the time

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pinole, CA
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pinole, CA

I have been working at Noah's Bagels part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job is like any other easy food service position. It involves making the food, prepping food, and cleaning the place. It was a nice go to work then go home place.

Cons

The pay is like any other food service position, so expect to make around nine bucks an hour. Shift manager makes ten. That's about it, there is no room for advancement and management likes to pretend like there are rewards for sales. The company was doing a promotion where if a store sells x amount of something they get entered into a raffle for a $20 gift card for each employee I think.

Motivate your employees with better pay and incentives to sell more. It will make the company more money and make the employees happier.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Noah's Bagels (View Most Recent)

Great boss, great coworkers, but no real benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Worker in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Worker in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My boss, the General Manager, was great. I had some health issues and he was more than understanding. The people I worked with were also great. Fun, down-to-earth, and they all did their jobs like they were supposed to. I also got discounts on all Noah's bagels and food that I bought and free access to make my own food as long as I paid for it with my discount.

Cons

The particular Noah's I worked at was located near the beach and so parking was almost impossible to find once the Von's next door stopped allowing the employees of nearby businesses to park in their lot. There was also a lot of controversy that seemed to go on at the higher management levels which resulted in the removal of all the perks we used to have. They took away the tip jar, so there was no possibility to get tips, and they stopped allowing us to take home the extra bagels which went unsold after closing, even though that meant throwing away tons of perfectly good food..

My advice to management would be to bring back to tip jar, at the very least, because the salary wasn't enough to keep me there and there were more than a few customers who wanted to leave tips and were upset by being unable to do so. Also it would be nice if they didn't take such drastic measures every time a single employee at a single Noah's location did something wrong, changing rules and taking away perks far too suddenly.

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I worked at Noah's Bagels

Pros

product was great. really good food.

Cons

getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning can be a drag after awhile

hire well. morning people are a must. partiers will only give you problems.

There are newer employer reviews for Noah's Bagels