Nobel Learning Communities

www.nobellearning.com

Somewhat negative experience

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsMy school has outstanding teachers/co-workers, although in large part this is because they were in place before the company took over the school.

ConsIn my experience Nobel supports a school principal who is inept in terms of true leadership and is in fact a bit of a bully. For example, co-workers are asked to come in to "tattle" on others, leading to an atmosphere where there is mistrust and some fear. Focus is prioritized in favor of monthly profit over supporting an environment of trust and learning.

Teacher pay is not sustainable - you can not expect raises even on par with the cost in living. My recommendation is that if you are a young professional, perhaps get experience there, but then find other opportunities where you will find greater respect and reward for the important job you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance your top-down approach to decision making to include input from those in the field. An example is professional development. My experience is that you pay people to fly across the country to present information to teachers that is often condescending and irrelevant. This must be expensive! Ask for feedback from those in the trenches - we could be a valuable ally in developing your schools!

Good place to work if you have passion for teaching!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of opportunities to put your innovative and creative ideas into practice without many restrictions by the company's educational leaders. Good place for new teachers… Cons: Demanding jobs, low pay, lack of training/effective professional development, disorganized… Advice to Senior Management: Professional Development Days should be planned more carefully and include high quality training. Allow employees to truly get a break from duties during lunch time… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Cheap and getting cheaper

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good co workers steady pay check LOVE the kids. Its the… Cons: Low Pay-- after 4 years (almost 5) I am making exactly 300 anually more than I was when I started.... not to mention the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nobel Learning Communities.

Worked for Nobel Learning Communities? Contribute to the Community!