Nobel Learning Communities

Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Nobel Learning Communities

Somewhat negative experience

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

My school has outstanding teachers/co-workers, although in large part this is because they were in place before the company took over the school.

Cons

In my experience Nobel supports a school principal who is inept in terms of true leadership and is in fact a bit of a bully. For example, co-workers are asked to come in to "tattle" on others, leading to an atmosphere where there is mistrust and some fear. Focus is prioritized in favor of monthly profit over supporting an environment of trust and learning.

Teacher pay is not sustainable - you can not expect raises even on par with the cost in living. My recommendation is that if you are a young professional, perhaps get experience there, but then find other opportunities where you will find greater respect and reward for the important job you do.

Advice to Management

Balance your top-down approach to decision making to include input from those in the field. An example is professional development. My experience is that you pay people to fly across the country to present information to teachers that is often condescending and irrelevant. This must be expensive! Ask for feedback from those in the trenches - we could be a valuable ally in developing your schools!

reviews filtered by

Exhausting micromanaged environment.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and families that are supportive. Good curriculum but too much emphasis on bulletin boards!

Cons

Upper management is never satisfied and constantly is asking for MORE. Just when a new idea is implemented and begins to become a comfortable addition to the classroom routine something NEW is required. There is no time to actually bond and enjoy working with children.

Advice to Management

Consider working in the classroom to see how the many requirements of the job are affecting staff.

Cheap and getting cheaper

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good co workers
    steady pay check
    LOVE the kids. Its the motivation to go to work ever morning
    thats about it

Cons

Low Pay-- after 4 years (almost 5) I am making exactly 300 anually more than I was when I started.... not to mention the sharp increase in out of pocket medical expenses)

The organization is very disorganized. There are too many processes that are not being followed through.

There are newer employer reviews for Nobel Learning Communities