Nobel Learning Communities

www.nobellearning.com
  www.nobellearning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nobel Learning Communities

Great place to work. A few quirks just as everywhere

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

The staff is like a family. I love teaching with them. Everyone is very willing to help out.

Cons

Low pay and short staffed on occasion.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Nobel Learning Communities (View Most Recent)

Somewhat negative experience

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

My school has outstanding teachers/co-workers, although in large part this is because they were in place before the company took over the school.

Cons

In my experience Nobel supports a school principal who is inept in terms of true leadership and is in fact a bit of a bully. For example, co-workers are asked to come in to "tattle" on others, leading to an atmosphere where there is mistrust and some fear. Focus is prioritized in favor of monthly profit over supporting an environment of trust and learning.

Teacher pay is not sustainable - you can not expect raises even on par with the cost in living. My recommendation is that if you are a young professional, perhaps get experience there, but then find other opportunities where you will find greater respect and reward for the important job you do.

Balance your top-down approach to decision making to include input from those in the field. An example is professional development. My experience is that you pay people to fly across the country to present information to teachers that is often condescending and irrelevant. This must be expensive! Ask for feedback from those in the trenches - we could be a valuable ally in developing your schools!

Good place to work if you have passion for teaching!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to put your innovative and creative ideas into practice without many restrictions by the company's educational leaders. Good place for new teachers who want to gain experience and develop their own teaching style. Good curriculum and programs that teach kids the importance of good values and appreciation for diversity.

Cons

Demanding jobs, low pay, lack of training/effective professional development, disorganized management, frequent meetings after work hours or during lunch breaks.

Professional Development Days should be planned more carefully and include high quality training. Allow employees to truly get a break from duties during lunch time and respect and protect their time off for a fair work-life balance. Observe a clear, well defined compensation plan and reward employees who go above and beyond... before they burn out and decide to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Nobel Learning Communities

Worked for Nobel Learning Communities? Contribute to the Community!