Noble Corporation

Interesting.. and yet frustrating

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation

Pros

The people we work with at the ground floor level are amazing. Most of the management are talented good people.

Cons

Pay is lower than peers
F'lex time is not flexible.
No advancement possiblities
Bonuses are Subjective not quantitative
Benefits are so-so

I'd tell management to move back to Houston and get involved with the great people who work here and not try to manage from afar.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Corporation (View Most Recent)

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Noble Corporation

Pros

Great benefits and that's about it

Cons

Job reviews are scarce, lack of job direction, they wont even talk to you about promotions until you reach 30 years old. Low pay

Cut down the turnover by listening to your employees. Half of the Corporate problem is leadership within the building especially since the higher ups left.

spoke in a wheel

Former Employee - Floorhand in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Floorhand in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Corporation

Pros

The training program was pretty top-notch when I started, and the safety record is still comparatively respectable. Provisions were better than average with boots and uniforms. Sometimes we were even provided little extras like personal flashlights and whatnot.

Cons

Vertical advancement without family influence within the company is VERY difficult and very slow. The safety policies are so overboard and strict that sometimes that actually hinder job completion and create hazards of their own. Ever pressure-washed oil-based mud with goggles AND a face mask on? Impossible. No loyalty whatsoever. I worked for them for 3 yrs without a hitch and I was released after coming back from having back surgery. Take my word for it. If you need medical treatment, DO NOT use your insurance! Claim EVERY injury as work-related. Then they're legally AS WELL as financially responsible. If they think your medical treatment could affect your job performance, and you used your insurance for it, you can EASILY be let go without explanation.

Try some common sense. The intentions at Noble were very impressive, but more often than not, highly impractical. Don't promote people to leadership positions that are horrible with people. Then again, with Noble, it's too late for that. A person that simply wants to do a good job is more often than not held back until they can't stand their jobs any more because their supervisors don't wanna train someone else to do half the job they're getting done with this one guy, and the people who make it near impossible to get the work done are promoted so that their supervisors don't have to deal with them any more. Believe it or not, I saw that ALL the time. Something else I noticed, and whoever you are will LOVE this... I noticed that when the previous CEO of Noble left and the new guy took over, Noble started on a downward spiral into careless self-destruction.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation