Noble Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation

Aweful Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Long Hours. They hate people with families. Job here would be good for single people who hate their own free time

Cons

Would never advise anyone to work for Noble, they have such a high turnover of employees and I was told once that I'm a professional so just deal with it. Then been told when working 70+ hours per week that I wasn't working enough hours!!

Management need sensitivity training. Like working with a bunch of school kids.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Corporation (View Most Recent)

Positive experience, fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like the time off of course. I work a 28/28 rotation. The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble is a company that you stake your future on. Even when times are slow, Noble will generally retain it's Employees. The company offers training at the Employee's convenience, and doesn't place a lot of pressure in completing 100% of it. this is good because most if not all of your training must be done on time off. The SAP maintenance program is top of the line, and easy to use. Rig managers are generally good people, with the occasional redneck exception.

Cons

The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble bends and bows at the whim of the oil company, often causing you to have to do double the work, and spend double the time on useless tasks. The pay for my job is higher on "Premium" drilling rigs such as Drillships or Semi-submursibles within Noble. The Barge Engineer on a Jack-up does the job of an RMS, and a Barge Engineer on the "Premium" rigs, but Management fails to see this.

Equalize and review pay scales between similar positions on different rig types. Re-evaluate job titles and provide equal attention to the Jackups as you do between the Semi-subs and the drill ships.

Great place to work with opportunity to grow as a professional.

Current Employee - Analyst in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Willing to train and develop employees. Firm job security.

Cons

Company is growing at a rapid pace and losing focus on family values they once prided themselves on.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation