There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation

Who would like to be a good fellow for the BLUE AND YELLOW?

Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation

Pros

The time off is the key for me. I work a 14 day on and have 14 days off a month. This gives me plenty of time to do the things I want and to plan things in the future. I also get to spend quality time with my family. The benefits are great. I have not had one problem with my insurance and the 401K plan is really wonderful. You can put 1% to 50% of your check in up to the amount the IRS allows every year, you are vested as soon as you start and do not have to wait 5 years, and for the first 5 years the company matches you 70 cents on the dollar up to 6%, after that dollar for dollar up to 6%.

Cons

We are constantly going to schools to renew licenses or learning up on new programs that have been put into place. The only time we have to do this is on our off time which takes time away from your family.

Advice to Management

On the retention bonuses, I believe ALL supervisors and the skilled position personnel should receive one. The way I see it, all your skilled positions had to do some kind of formal training to get in the position they are in today so they should be compensated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company

I have been working at Noble Corporation

Pros

The company is great to work for. No complaints to say really. Working international is a thrill to interact with the different cultures and seeing everyone be able to come together to complete the tasks at hand.

Cons

Nothing really to report negatively

Advice to Management

Just keep the workers in mind always and keep on doing what you are doing.

2. Good experience

Current Employee - Safety and Training Specialist in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Safety and Training Specialist in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During Jim Day's tenure as CEO this was an excellent company with a steady drive towards improvement. The culture and values were continuously supported and expressed and there was the feeling of working for the industry leader.

Cons

When JD left things went downhill

Advice to Management

Do not repeat to the exhaustion that "people are our most important asset" and then do not support that with a proactive, value driven human resources policy