Noble Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation

discrimination

Current Employee - Floorhand
Current Employee - Floorhand

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay and benefits are good, rotation are good 21/21 for GOM employees

Cons

does not enforce the Code of conduct policy, racist remarks are the normal acceptable behavior, do not complain about being discriminated, you will be terminated, HR department is a joke, if you do feel discriminated document everything and notify your local EEOC office and discuss with them about your best way of handing this situation,

Enforce your code of conduct policy, even though it is strict on paper on the job it is not enforce

27 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Corporation (View Most Recent)

Aweful Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Long Hours. They hate people with families. Job here would be good for single people who hate their own free time

Cons

Would never advise anyone to work for Noble, they have such a high turnover of employees and I was told once that I'm a professional so just deal with it. Then been told when working 70+ hours per week that I wasn't working enough hours!!

Management need sensitivity training. Like working with a bunch of school kids.

Positive experience, fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like the time off of course. I work a 28/28 rotation. The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble is a company that you stake your future on. Even when times are slow, Noble will generally retain it's Employees. The company offers training at the Employee's convenience, and doesn't place a lot of pressure in completing 100% of it. this is good because most if not all of your training must be done on time off. The SAP maintenance program is top of the line, and easy to use. Rig managers are generally good people, with the occasional redneck exception.

Cons

The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble bends and bows at the whim of the oil company, often causing you to have to do double the work, and spend double the time on useless tasks. The pay for my job is higher on "Premium" drilling rigs such as Drillships or Semi-submursibles within Noble. The Barge Engineer on a Jack-up does the job of an RMS, and a Barge Engineer on the "Premium" rigs, but Management fails to see this.

Equalize and review pay scales between similar positions on different rig types. Re-evaluate job titles and provide equal attention to the Jackups as you do between the Semi-subs and the drill ships.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation