More hours doesn't equal more Production

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

Cons

Too many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

Think about quality over quantity. More hours worked doesn't always mean it was productive. In fact, in most cases it means mistakes were made due to fatigue or stress. Understand that your employee's have a life outside of Noble and need to feel like thats okay.

Other Reviews for Noble Energy

Nice Company with Growing Pains

Current Employee - Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very lucrative salary and benefits. Relaxed work atmosphere with flex schedules/ compressed schedule. Nice offices for all employees and contractors.

Cons

Going through lots of growing pains. Management is out of touch. Need to utililize the skills of people hired rather than assign jobs to be people based upon personal preference.

Utilize people properly. Be aware of your supervisors.

Great experience for a young engineer

Former Employee - Reservoir Engineer-Deepwater GoM  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Reservoir Engineer-Deepwater GoM in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to gain valuable experience, good mentoring program

Cons

HR events every week, which cuts into work time

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!