There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy

Terrific company to work for

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay/benefits. Friendly environment. Passionate individuals. Can move around in the company. Great people. Safe practices. Interesting business to get involved in. All the people here seem to really care about each other and their jobs.

Cons

Traditional when it comes to stuff like working at home or setting your own hours. I honestly can't think of any other cons. My experience at this company this far has been amazing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Care about employees and great upper mgmt

I have been working at Noble Energy

Pros

Good benefits and flexible schedule.

Cons

Somewhat low on O&G pay scale

More hours doesn't equal more Production

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

Cons

Too many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

Advice to Management

Think about quality over quantity. More hours worked doesn't always mean it was productive. In fact, in most cases it means mistakes were made due to fatigue or stress. Understand that your employee's have a life outside of Noble and need to feel like thats okay.