There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy

Too focused on process and not on relevant work

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior management is very ethical. There is good software, technology, training available and a desire for excellence by upper management There are some very good people.

Cons

With the rapid growth from a relatively small independent thanks to some large discoveries, the company is focused on process, succession planning and everything but actual sound work, creativity and individual contribution. Working there became an extremely frustrating experience of endless meetings with incompetent middle managers who knew how to speak the lingo but couldn't recognize let alone initiate something that would lead to real value

Advice to Management

For Senior Management: Come down from your ivory tower. Remember what led to the success of the company and focus on those aspects of business Stop "drinking the KoolAid" all of the management consultants are pawning off on you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very inefficient processes and procedures.

Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Noble has high salaries and decent benefits. They also paid for parking. At Noble you work 9 hour days and half day every Friday. Noble is a great company, but unfortunately my department had arrogant supervisors that treated employees poorly.

Cons

Some supervisors were borderline verbally abusive. If you are not chosen as their "favorite" you will not be given any opportunity to succeed or lead projects. Noble has extremely inefficient procedures. You need to get ALL your work double/triple checked and approved, often by lower level inexperienced Analysts. They have created a culture of covering your own butt. Very slow processes and some inexperienced individuals make for a huge headache. The supervisors are extreme micro- managers. Many people on the team had poor morale. The CSB building looks and feels like a prison on the inside, no pictures, or art, just white walls and prison guard supervisors. Noble has a lot of talent, few are given encouragement and the opportunity to succeed. Many people keep their head down and fly under the radar and they only stay for the high salary. I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did if it wasn't for the high salary, but in the end my dignity and happiness prevailed. I always had extremely high performance evaluations, which was surprising considering the poor treatment I received from my supervisor. It was a very toxic work environment in my department.

Advice to Management

Noble hires great talented people that need to be encouraged and mentored. Get rid of bully supervisors!

Specialist

I have been working at Noble Energy

Pros

Immediate supervisors support a work home life. There is no pressure from immediate supervisors to put your work before your family.

Cons

They do not give goals of career advancement. If employees show interest in advancing their careers and pursue their interest many times they are ignored.

Advice to Management

Provide clear career advancement options for each job title and position. Each employee needs to feel they are appreciated and valued by the immediate supervisors up to the Vice Presidents.