Noblis

There are newer employer reviews for Noblis

Viewpoint of an Intern

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Summer Intern in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Noblis as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people you will work with are all genuinely good people. I never had a dull moment, and the sheer amount of brain power that surrounds you is astonishing. The program is meant to establish good relations between Noblis and the interns, and to my knowledge no intern left with a sour taste in their mouth, regardless of whether or not they received a job offer at the end of the internship/

Cons

The interns as a whole wish the projects that each different intern was working on was more transparent at the beginning of the internship, and that at times they had not been confined to only one project.

Continue to foster new talent across all mission areas.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Noblis (View Most Recent)

Good company with great benefits and work-life balance and the opportunity to improve.

Current Employee - Staff in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Staff in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Noblis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Great work-life balance including generous PTO for younger employees and flexible work schedule
    - Intelligent coworkers
    - above average compensation including great benefits such as great retirement package
    - potential to work on projects across the company e.g. in national security, transportation, environmental, healthcare
    - nonprofit organization

Cons

- can be difficult to network if your job location is not the Falls Church office (headquarters)
    - difficult to get funds for professional development, professional organizations, or for attendance to conferences
    - Noblis' independent status in some mission areas (which gives Noblis the ability to offer acquisition consulting services) limits getting some types of technical work such as design/optimization. This can be frustrating if you are looking to build your own personal technical experience. Many of the senior staff have already come to Noblis with ample design experience that you may not be able to get at Noblis
    - a lot of the company is focused on IT work (this is great if your background is in systems engineering, computer science etc.)
    - some of the benefits are only available to Falls Church employees

Encourage more professional development among technical staff. Encourage young technical staff to join professional organizations. This is great for meeting our client and to see how the competition is doing things. Keep growing the company while maintaining the quality Noblis is known for. Try to work on improving communication between the various site offices.

So far so good

I have been working at Noblis

Pros

Recent acquisition by Noblis. What we've seen so far looks good. Committed to technology and building a positive work environment.

Cons

Communication could be a bit better. We're still an outpost from the main part of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Noblis