Doing easy job

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Support Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nokia Networks

Pros

Great company, though with only contract job, good environment, easygoing, fair, nice. Have many oppotunities to learn, improve.

Cons

Wish to get paid higher

Advice to Management

Provide training oppotunities to internal and external employee

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of opportunity to go above and beyond - but is it necessary?

Current Employee - Care Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Care Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Nokia Networks

Pros

- Good salary and benefits
    - Highly technical work
    - Limited constraints on getting work done - ability to do what's right and needed
    - Work / life balance affected by customer issues (cyclical), not bad management - no complaints
    - Very diverse group - in most meetings no one person is from the same country

Cons

- "yes men". We give our customers everything they ask for, then wonder why the bottom line is in the red.
    - Similar to above, we probably provide the most hand-holding support to a customer of any vendor. This is a cause of high employee stress.
    - Many internal groups simply ignore work, even their own. If you own the response/solution, it's up to you to find another avenue to get it. No accountability for people or entire teams not pulling their weight.
    - ATT buyout of TMO US, rumors of Nokia and Siemens ending their partnerhsip, and upper management departures are causing concerns about the future.

Advice to Management

Accountability. It is unacceptable that some teams can ignore their duties since they are not customer facing and likely some other group will have to resolve.

R&D Nightmare

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Nokia Networks

Pros

Nice salary, good benefits, great facilities, great work life, very intelligent people working, and dedication to getting the job done right (on time) with limited resources.

Cons

Unstable business (many unknowns), no personal growth, competitor pressure forces changes in the way we do business (very limited resources), uncertain if the position will remain in the US, or be move to China.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and get us more resources.