Nokia - QT Development Frameworks
www.trolltech.com Oslo, Norway 150 to 499 Employees

Interesting work, badly mismanaged from the top

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Oslo (Norway)

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than a year

ProsQt is really cool - the most complete cross-platform framework, and the best maintained. I have always enjoyed working with it and was glad for a chance to work on it directly. Fortunately the Digia acquisition may allow us to return to that kind of work, so do not take anything negative I have written as any kind of indication for the future of that; the outlook seems bright for Qt now, just not for Nokia (and I seem to be reviewing Nokia here).

ConsNokia provided a series of mobile platform projects which distracted us from working on Qt itself, and the company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing so there were destabilizing changes on a couple of occasions, ending with the cancellation of a project after this entire office had wasted more than a year on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no hope for management, they don't have a working vision at all. They need to be replaced, but it may be too late for that too.

Hang on, its a wild ride

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Brilliant devs, technology and market value Cons: lack of business vision execution Advice to Senior Management: go public. get aligned. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work!

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

Pros: Flat, unbureaucratic culture Great people! Site has good energy Cons: Job advancement opportunities are lacking at this site. More

There are newer reviews on Nokia - QT Development Frameworks.

Worked for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Nokia - QT Development Frameworks employees.