Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

Great company and people

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

Pros

Very relax nice environment where everyone is treated with lost of respect

Cons

the company was bought and no longer around

it is a shame that you sold the company :-(

5 Other Employee Reviews for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks (View Most Recent)

Great environment if project being developed can survive

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great group of people and local office had lots of benifits such as lunch provided in canteen

Cons

a purely engineering company with no associate sales department means a rough time if "sponsored" project being worked does not survive

Good quality work gets done if the business basics are sorted ie what to work on and how is it paid for and work required is well communicated to staff. Be carefull before commiting to large project in the latest fad such as Mobile Software Development. Such projects come with a high risk profile and lead times between R&D expense verses sales income can be problematic.

Interesting work, badly mismanaged from the top

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Oslo (Norway)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Oslo (Norway)

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Qt is really cool - the most complete cross-platform framework, and the best maintained. I have always enjoyed working with it and was glad for a chance to work on it directly. Fortunately the Digia acquisition may allow us to return to that kind of work, so do not take anything negative I have written as any kind of indication for the future of that; the outlook seems bright for Qt now, just not for Nokia (and I seem to be reviewing Nokia here).

Cons

Nokia provided a series of mobile platform projects which distracted us from working on Qt itself, and the company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing so there were destabilizing changes on a couple of occasions, ending with the cancellation of a project after this entire office had wasted more than a year on it.

There's no hope for management, they don't have a working vision at all. They need to be replaced, but it may be too late for that too.

There are newer employer reviews for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks