Nokia

www.nokia.com

Big ideas, but an uncertain future

Communications Manager (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsGreat people who are passionate about their jobs and the work that they do. You will meet bright, hard-working people who understand the very best of today's mobile technologies. And, they make some of the best phones you will ever use.

ConsI loved my time at Nokia - about 4 years. But today, the future of the company - especially in N. America - is very uncertain. If they start to get optimal carrier support for their new Windows-based smartphones, then maybe they can turn things around - but there are a lot of risks.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that all efforts are placed in making the N. American marketplace a real success again - get in with the carriers, and advertise like mad. Please.

Nokia is a company that provides quality products

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Nokia as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Nokia to provide products that satisfy the consumer and its… Cons: Nokia has lacked only the sound of his hp More

Too slow to compete in the mobile industry

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Nokia full-time for more than a year

Pros: The company has a wide pool of talented individuals. … Cons: Decision making is painfully slow and frustrating. Senior management is out-of-touch with the reality on the ground. Frequent layoffs. In last round of layoffs -… Advice to Senior Management: Learn from your competition and improve speed of execution. Focus on improving the company's culture. Reduce… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nokia.

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!