Great place to settle

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Nokia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best work culture in software industry.. no pressure at all for work. good money but not the best. Always counted as a team

Cons

more politics for giving appreciation and hikes. upper management lacks in understanding who actually works and who simply portrays themselves as workers

Other Employee Reviews for Nokia

1. Generally a very good company that treats employees well.

I have been working at Nokia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has been a terrific company to work for- great benefits and much care about individuals. Very forward thinking about technology and socially active internally. It is also the most ethical company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Economic challenges as they move forward with a new OS. Also it is losing some (much) of that Finnish nature that has served it so well from a human-relations perspective (I know very few people that actually quit Nokia- rather they got reluctantly laid off).

Advice to Management

Don't lose Respect for the Individual. I experienced a "muting" of our voices when upper management visited- do not go down that path. Nokia's openness was a very strong point (and still advocated by the CEO, but somewhat getting lost in some middle management). Also, stop the turf wars- they are hurting the company.

2. Great company where teams support and contribute

Current Employee - Operations Director in Lilongwe (Malawi)
    Current Employee - Operations Director in Lilongwe (Malawi)

I have been working at Nokia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment, supportive teams, and an outlook that is shared across, creates a work environment that is enjoyable, where you can contribute and also take support

Cons

Open environment sometimes leads to delays :( Process delays are avoidable, and in case of especially processes where its going to affect business

Advice to Management

Processes' simplification