Nomura Holdings
www.nomura.com Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

9 years - It could have been worse

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Nomura Holdings

ProsA lot of my colleagues are great people and they made the place tolerable. Compensation is good.

ConsNo advancement for gaijin. Very lacking in communication. There are 2 cultures at the company, one Japanese and everyone else. The Japanese are at work very long hours but little work comes from them. It is almost impossible to get anything done on Global scale because Tokyo blocks or is exempted from almost everything. Some smart people who usually leave very frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTokyo is not always right. Good Ideas come from everywhere and it would be wise to heed all ideas. Being at work and working are 2 different things. More communication to all employees is a good idea. Direction is key to good work.

Very good employer

Analyst (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Nomura Holdings

Pros: Great benefits, challenging and interesting work Cons: Not always enough training provided Advice to Senior Management: Provide more training for new employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Greatplace to work with, high pay, good transportation service, low price and good quality food at the cafeteria :)

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I worked at Nomura Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good bonus if you perform well Cons: Job security in case of firing is a huge risk Long… Advice to Senior Management: Good job in monthly status meetings but would be great if you could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nomura Holdings.

Worked for Nomura Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nomura Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nomura Holdings CEO Koji Nagai. All reviews posted anonymously by Nomura Holdings employees.