Noodles & Company

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company

Noodles & Company Rocks!

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Encinitas, CA
Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Encinitas, CA

I have been working at Noodles & Company part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Very friendly environment
-Offered a free drink
-Easy interview
-Paid $.75 over minimum wage
-Team members are close and feel like family
-Many opportunites to step up in jobs
-Workers are always there to help you learn and encourage you every step of the way

Cons

-Inconsistent schedules
-Getting called not to come in when it's a slow night

Try to have all of your team member fill the entirety of their scheduled work hours instead of releasing them early or telling them not to come in when it's slow.

196 Other Employee Reviews for Noodles & Company (View Most Recent)

Awkward and hectic first job.

Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Durham, NC

I worked at Noodles & Company

Pros

Most of the workers were respectful.
    An okay learning experience.

Cons

One of the major cons of working at Noodles & Company were the hours. During the weekdays I would only be scheduled for 2 and a half hours, and most of the time they'd let me off early after 1 and a half. I expected to be there for at least the amount of time scheduled or more. It's a waste of gas to be going to and from there for that short amount of time unless you lived down the street, which I did not. On saturdays I was there for a longer amount of time, but there were two hours between that time that I would have to go and then come back. I would rather be at home on Saturday relaxing with the rest of my family on that day than driving to and from work all day. I told the assistant manager that the one and a half hour thing was not working, and she responded "well, you are not a valuable team member, because you do not do spices or the salads yet (on top of everything else I was trying to handle?) but I was improving and speeding up with certain things. Everytime I would try to learn how to make a salad or try to make one, I would get coworkers who told me they would do it or told me to go clean something and totally took over MY job. I was scheduled as "ambassador salad/server"

Another con would be having to do a ton of things at once. Sure, it's chill when it's a slow day, but when business is booming, you're expected to juggle everything at once. It's a bit frustrating when you're bussing a table, and a customer wants you to wipe down that table immediately after and then you have a line forming at your register. You can't just sit at the register and wait for people, your expected to do other things too like help clean, serve the customers their food, wash windows, etc.

You got to know everything that goes into each dish, and learn all the names. You are also expected to taste everything on the menu so you can describe it to customers, and write down what you think it tastes like on a worksheet, sure the first few meals are free, but you have to pay a little bit afterwards, and your coworkers encourage you to try something each day. I can't handle noodles each day.

Expect workers calling you all the time (usually were very inconvenient times for me, since I was scheduled off and made plans with family or friends...) to see if you can fill in. If you do not like this, this job may not be for you.

Closing the restaurant at night is long and hectic. You're tired and all you want to do is go home, and you have even more responsibilities to take care of once the last few people finally decide to leave, they stay a bit past closing time talking, and the workers cannot mop or do certain things while the customers are still lounging around. I usually would not get home until midnight or 1 in the morning.

Noodles may be a good job for those used to restaurant work, just not for me.

Be more organized, and don't keep hiring people when you have plenty! It really makes the hours stupid on all the other part timers! Especially if they live further away than the others.

Great atmosphere..management issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Noodles & Company

Pros

Great atmosphere...great food...great customers all is well except management.

Cons

management issues...not very friendly or reward driven.

listen to your employees...promote from within...take the time to say thanks and job well done!

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company