Noodles & Company

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company

Great Family of Employees, but still fast food

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Shift Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at Noodles & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees create a great sense of family that was hard to leave.
They are always willing to teach team members other work stations and you can move upward to management if you want.

Cons

Fast food, so some preparations are set in stone and cannot be changed.
Corporate owned so some rules do not work for the area/store.
I left due to one manager in particular, most managers are good.

Managers get farther when they work with the other employees(show they working just as hard and along side the other employees).

186 Other Employee Reviews for Noodles & Company (View Most Recent)

Cronyism and Carrots

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Cary, NC

I worked at Noodles & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot of great team members, some good managers.

Cons

Many of the managers in our market were picked from the "Good ole boy" system. Wherein, if the Area Manager liked you (aka you kowtowed to him), you would get promoted. I watched people I had worked with for years get passed over for raises while new hires were coming in and making 2$ or more an hour than seasoned staff. It didnt matter how hard you worked, if you weren't one of the good ole boys, cross yourself off the list for promotion. For instance; I find it hard to stomach that a shift manager who repeatedly called out sick (hungover), would flat out refuse to work weekends, and generally had the most poorly run shifts was promoted to a salaried position not long after I left. I worked there for almost 3 years and received one raise, which were supposed to be given our yearly. One year, our GM was moved out of the store and neglected to do the raise paperwork before she left, which resulted in no one getting raises.

Really look at who is getting promoted in your stores. Make sure they are quality people who care about your businesses success. If you would have followed through on your multiple offers for promotion, I would still be with the company.

A job with a pay check.

Current Employee - Cashier and Cook in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier and Cook in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Noodles & Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good food. Great co-workers. Relaxed atmosphere. Not strict on personal appearance (ie, tattoos and facial piercings). Customers are mostly fun, relaxed and easy going. Pace of work is busy enough to keep you moving all day.

Cons

Hours can either be great, over bearing, orbarely there. Management seems to be mildly inconsistent even with-in the store. Benefits are okay, but not the best.

Offer "tiered" helth insurance plans. Make sure managers are living up to company qualities. Change the policy on "revenues" for produce, too much is wasted because of current policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company