Noodles & Company

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Janesville, WI
Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Janesville, WI

I worked at Noodles & Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great place to learn new cooking and customer service skills.

Cons

Management did not listen or take advice from employees (although it has been some time since I have worked there.)

Visit the store more maybe? I don't really think i have advice it was a good work experience.

186 Other Employee Reviews for Noodles & Company (View Most Recent)

Very straightforward work, training was fairly easy and management was easy going.

Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Columbia, MO

I worked at Noodles & Company part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work was not too hard, within a few days you learn a lot about the restaurant business, how to work the cash register and the menu.

Cons

The uniform was very unflattering; black cap, black belt, non slip shoes. Pretty standard in the restaurant business but not for me.

Check on locations more often.

Compensation doesn't match the effort required

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Noodles & Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you work hard, you should at least stay employed. Clean environment, generally nice people, free soda, 70% food discount while working and 20% while not. Learn a lot about cooking, there's always something to do, days seem to go by pretty fast.

Cons

You won't feel like you're getting what you deserve. Customers will want to tip you (because you are serving and bussing and getting things for them just like a waitress) and you can't take tips (company policy). You'll regularly only get 10 minutes to eat and have to pay for your food. My particular store gets a ton of customers due to close proximity to major tourist attractions and offices, and we're usually short-handed. Customers expect fancy-restaurant-level service when we're just fast food. I'm scheduled to work "doubles" (open to close, 10-13 hours) all the time. Many of our workers can't follow simple instructions and there's a revolving door of frustrated workers leaving (we've had an assistant manager, multiple shift managers, and loads of team members quit in the 5 months I've been there) and newbies being trained by a short staff. The food variance allotted is extremely small, and if variance is too high, hours get cut - and managers will give customers free things if they ask, which, I'm sure, ends up losing us hours. I NEVER hear positive things from our general manager and always feel like I'm unfairly picked on compared to other workers.

Consider the effects of scheduling - if someone works three doubles in a row, they might be tired. Give us positive feedback as well as constructive criticism. Consider allowing tips (even coffee shops allow it!) for a boost in team happiness and productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company