Noodles & Company

www.noodles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company

Very straightforward work, training was fairly easy and management was easy going.

Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Columbia, MO
Former Employee - Noodle Ambassador in Columbia, MO

I worked at Noodles & Company part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work was not too hard, within a few days you learn a lot about the restaurant business, how to work the cash register and the menu.

Cons

The uniform was very unflattering; black cap, black belt, non slip shoes. Pretty standard in the restaurant business but not for me.

Check on locations more often.

209 Other Employee Reviews for Noodles & Company (View Most Recent)

Compensation doesn't match the effort required

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Noodles & Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you work hard, you should at least stay employed. Clean environment, generally nice people, free soda, 70% food discount while working and 20% while not. Learn a lot about cooking, there's always something to do, days seem to go by pretty fast.

Cons

You won't feel like you're getting what you deserve. Customers will want to tip you (because you are serving and bussing and getting things for them just like a waitress) and you can't take tips (company policy). You'll regularly only get 10 minutes to eat and have to pay for your food. My particular store gets a ton of customers due to close proximity to major tourist attractions and offices, and we're usually short-handed. Customers expect fancy-restaurant-level service when we're just fast food. I'm scheduled to work "doubles" (open to close, 10-13 hours) all the time. Many of our workers can't follow simple instructions and there's a revolving door of frustrated workers leaving (we've had an assistant manager, multiple shift managers, and loads of team members quit in the 5 months I've been there) and newbies being trained by a short staff. The food variance allotted is extremely small, and if variance is too high, hours get cut - and managers will give customers free things if they ask, which, I'm sure, ends up losing us hours. I NEVER hear positive things from our general manager and always feel like I'm unfairly picked on compared to other workers.

Consider the effects of scheduling - if someone works three doubles in a row, they might be tired. Give us positive feedback as well as constructive criticism. Consider allowing tips (even coffee shops allow it!) for a boost in team happiness and productivity.

I have been lucky enough to be fostered by a group of great leaders from team member to where I am now. (AGM)

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Noodles & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment constantly fostering growth, genuinely nice people to work with and for, fast paced, restaurants are able and allowed to do what works best for their team and guests and

Cons

Finding good people to work when we can barely pay above min. wage, disconnections between CSO and companywide restaurants during times of change.

There are newer employer reviews for Noodles & Company