There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Okay

Former Employee - Nordstrom Cashier in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Nordstrom Cashier in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Great benefits, great people, great management, great ethics and culture.

Cons

Standing all the time, customers are snappy.

Advice to Management

A chance to move up.

reviews filtered by

Terrible company, don't believe the hype!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

If you want to steal sales from your co-workers and MANAGERS, take returns all day long
    do everyone else's job, including your managers, this is the place!! The managers barely
    work any nights, sit in the back on their computers and gossip, then wonder why morale is
    down. I have worked for a lot of different retail companies and I believed their hype when I
    first got there. They wear you down with sph and pacesetter goals and all their hype. They
    show little respect for one another and there is no support system. HR is a joke, they have no
    background in HR and just applied for the job! The pressure is unreal, you have to make
    20-40 phone calls a day before a sale period trying to make appointments for your customers.
    You are competing with 30 personal stylists and still have to straightn, organize , write thank you
    letters, take down shipments , take returns and be happy!!
    Their is no manual so that allows them to write you up when they want to get rid of you.
    Somebody should do a class action against them is my advice!!

Cons

I can't think of a single one!

Advice to Management

Start hiring some managers with experience and not just a YOUNG person who smiles!!

2. pleased with employment at Nordstrom although not my career field

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

frindly co-workers; high "esprit-des-corps"; positive enthusiastic environment.

Cons

pressure to sell; emphasis on youth; somewhat stifling in that keeping up their wholesome image is uppermost. No outside employee activities, such as softball teams, bowling leagues, parties or socializing is encouraged or sponsored; in fact employee fraternizing is discouraged, and in the case of managers is banned.

Advice to Management

Listen more to employees; more opportunities to hear criticism without fear of retribution.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom