Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
  www.nordstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great necessary entry level position to start a career with Nordstrom

Current Employee - Stock Support Team in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Stock Support Team in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Warm, caring environment with encouraging environment to advance. I don't wake up in the morning a dread work. I look forward to it... hard to say that about other "stock" positions at other companies. Nordstrom very seldom-ly hires outside of the Nordstrom family of employees. So the only way to get higher lever jobs is to advance with in the company. Anyone and everyone has access to direct contact to EVERY person in the company including the Nordstrom family--and they respond back!

Cons

Everyone starts at an entry level position and must advance up from there. This is both good and bad. It can be very difficult to make enough at an entry level position to pay for modern standard of living.

It is an honor to work for the Nordstrom company and family. I would love to say that I am enabled to give all of my best efforts to the company but unfortunately entry level pay is not enough to support basic standards of living in this economy. I work full time in the Stock Team and even with all those hours I still have to work 30 hours at another job just to make 95% of my basic expenses. I have higher expenses because I have high student loan debt and other debt from being unemployed for as long as I have been. Thank you for playing your role in remedying that situation by employing me, now please help us just this much more by nudging the pay to support basic living expenses that now must include high student loan debt. This is only a suggestion. I completely trust the decisions of the executives and managers of the Nordstrom company to use their good judgement. And I am okay if that means Nordstrom can not implement the change I have suggested.

2975 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

My experience at nordstrom was positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Chance to make a lot of money.

Cons

Managers are terrible. horrible hours

Nordstrom is a great company

Former Employee - Retail Intern in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Intern in Durham, NC

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Make your own paycheck, good sales training/workshops, provide you with feedback of performance every pay period, opportunity to move up with company, good training in being customer service oriented, good experience in learning commission sales

Cons

Must be very mobile in order to move up within company, need to work in high volume department/store to make decent amount of money, must build customer base before you reach a lot sales, a lot of competition between employees to get a sale

make sure to store manager is someone that is warm

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom