Great necessary entry level position to start a career with Nordstrom

Current Employee - Stock Support Team  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Stock Support Team in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Warm, caring environment with encouraging environment to advance. I don't wake up in the morning a dread work. I look forward to it... hard to say that about other "stock" positions at other companies. Nordstrom very seldom-ly hires outside of the Nordstrom family of employees. So the only way to get higher lever jobs is to advance with in the company. Anyone and everyone has access to direct contact to EVERY person in the company including the Nordstrom family--and they respond back!

Cons

Everyone starts at an entry level position and must advance up from there. This is both good and bad. It can be very difficult to make enough at an entry level position to pay for modern standard of living.

It is an honor to work for the Nordstrom company and family. I would love to say that I am enabled to give all of my best efforts to the company but unfortunately entry level pay is not enough to support basic standards of living in this economy. I work full time in the Stock Team and even with all those hours I still have to work 30 hours at another job just to make 95% of my basic expenses. I have higher expenses because I have high student loan debt and other debt from being unemployed for as long as I have been. Thank you for playing your role in remedying that situation by employing me, now please help us just this much more by nudging the pay to support basic living expenses that now must include high student loan debt. This is only a suggestion. I completely trust the decisions of the executives and managers of the Nordstrom company to use their good judgement. And I am okay if that means Nordstrom can not implement the change I have suggested.

Other Reviews for Nordstrom

Loved working there!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Excellent people, opportunity for growth and great products

Cons

long hours on your feet

none!

Great place to learn the true element of service and etiquette.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Always was trained to provide the best service to maximize relationship and experience for the customers. Environment was very upbeat and fun towards goals.

Cons

As any retail job would bring I'd say you just have to have a stomach for long hours, even on the weekends.

None just keep doing what you are doing!!! Management is always upbeat and motivating to encourage you to reach your goals and gain incentives.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!