Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,459 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great necessary entry level position to start a career with Nordstrom

Stock Support Team (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsWarm, caring environment with encouraging environment to advance. I don't wake up in the morning a dread work. I look forward to it... hard to say that about other "stock" positions at other companies. Nordstrom very seldom-ly hires outside of the Nordstrom family of employees. So the only way to get higher lever jobs is to advance with in the company. Anyone and everyone has access to direct contact to EVERY person in the company including the Nordstrom family--and they respond back!

ConsEveryone starts at an entry level position and must advance up from there. This is both good and bad. It can be very difficult to make enough at an entry level position to pay for modern standard of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is an honor to work for the Nordstrom company and family. I would love to say that I am enabled to give all of my best efforts to the company but unfortunately entry level pay is not enough to support basic standards of living in this economy. I work full time in the Stock Team and even with all those hours I still have to work 30 hours at another job just to make 95% of my basic expenses. I have higher expenses because I have high student loan debt and other debt from being unemployed for as long as I have been. Thank you for playing your role in remedying that situation by employing me, now please help us just this much more by nudging the pay to support basic living expenses that now must include high student loan debt. This is only a suggestion. I completely trust the decisions of the executives and managers of the Nordstrom company to use their good judgement. And I am okay if that means Nordstrom can not implement the change I have suggested.

Worse than the Red Sox September Collapse

Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros: Occasionally, mfgs provide free items to employees. Discount at the ebar Time in… Cons: Inconsistent scheduling. Look, it's retail, people have to be there when the stores are open but there can be a routine to scheduling. Vacation time… Advice to Senior Management: Qualify people as leaders: good sales people may not be good managers.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nordstrom is ok for work, but you have to know how to play the game.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros: Great flexible schedule. Good balance between time and work. Customers are usually nice and fun to… Cons: Pay is only ok. Commissions could be higher and more even across the board. For example: a pair of women's sunglasses will… Advice to Senior Management: Make it a fair and level playing field between all sales people. We… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.