Love It!

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Great atmosphere. Wonderful benefits package. Great reputation and image. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Enjoy working with my fellow coworkers.

Cons

Retail hours in general can be hard. No regular days off is tough. Long hours during special events and holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your have been doing for so many years. Continue to care about your employees as well as customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very good company

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

very nice people to work with and around. Very happy environment to work in and lots of opportunity to move around in the company

Cons

Some of the pay in the support fields could be improved to make it a greater draw for future employees

Advice to Management

They know what they are doing and are excelling in the retail industry with their customers and employees and exceed among their competitors

One Big Nightmare of a job! (slave drivers!)

Former Employee - Sales Person
    Former Employee - Sales Person

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

I met some really nice customers you just gel with.

Cons

unappreciative customers lack of support from management and Human Resources co-workers who lie, steal sales, fake people oh this is a big one: you will get your butt fired because of the return policy that Nordstrom created. If you get alot of returns, after having spent so much time into your work day to help some customers who just buy to return the majority of what you sell to them, you not only wasted your day to serve the customers that come into Nordstrom,...but you also lose your net sales based on your returns and why??? because Nordstrom created a ridiculous return policy that benefits Nordstrom and hurts the employees paychecks and puts the employees's job on the line in the end. what a waste of time an employee gives to serve Nordstrom's customers on each day worked,..only to get alot of returns,....and for what? to become unemployed. I would not ever recommend working for this company to even my worst enemy...or would i? haha it was that bad! Good luck on finding a job to all those who want to make each day count for something, and not have your day wasted for a company that takes your efforts and time for granted! The way I see it, they take and take and take. As long as you are willing to work for this company and let them use you to help their customers.....they will use you until your sales go down...but think of it...why does an employees sale go down? because of Nordstrom's stupid stupid stupid return policy that customers take advantage of! and it HURTS the employees..the very people who work for them...... and our time gets wasted...when customers return the sales we spent time on during each day we work! what in the world possessed me to work for these people!

Advice to Management

stop using your employees only to benefit the company. we are not slaves!