There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great people, good working atmosphere, excellent benefits and above average wages.

Former Employee - Sales Integration Specialist in Salem, OR
Former Employee - Sales Integration Specialist in Salem, OR

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A sense of ownership, great hiring practices ensure your coworkers are usually good people, above average compensation, generous PTO, profit sharing, discounts on stock purchases, great employee discount!

Cons

Depending on who you work under, management can be problematic because they are often under stress from their bosses. You can get caught up in the superficiality of the business if you don't watch yourself (read: you'll end up spending your whole check at work.) Your coworkers are good at their jobs and will try to sell you everything they have. Trying to stay drama free at a female dominated business is often a futile pursuit...

Advice to Management

Ease up! We understand that we have jobs because thing are being sold. We know that. We don't need to be berated and bullied into doing the salespeople's jobs when we were hired to help support them, not be them. That's your worst mistake, you are trading people who are good at problem solving and conflict resolution for people who would just as soon be selling full time. That will hurt the customer service in the long run and isn't that what you stand for above all else?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

NO TWO WEEK NOTICE !

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

rewards, sales, commission & hourly

Cons

managers & assistant managers constantly leaving and replacing, employees also are in & out. employees who actually work. with different managers comes different management. left company because new manager was shady and two faced. loved my first manager she understood peoples lives have adversity, the new manager would say she understood but would write you up. no two weeks notice in attempts to fire as well. very shady ordeal. in the words of the human resource manager "we all have problems"

Advice to Management

managers should not! be able to make their own rules to a company they dont own. all managers should abide by the same rules because they dont its a constant problem with new rules w/ every new hire. terrible atmosphere

2. Good

Current Employee - Department Manager in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Department Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity of growing within the company. Sales commission

Cons

Too many hours to get job done