Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
  www.nordstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great people, good working atmosphere, excellent benefits and above average wages.

Former Employee - Sales Integration Specialist in Salem, OR
Former Employee - Sales Integration Specialist in Salem, OR

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A sense of ownership, great hiring practices ensure your coworkers are usually good people, above average compensation, generous PTO, profit sharing, discounts on stock purchases, great employee discount!

Cons

Depending on who you work under, management can be problematic because they are often under stress from their bosses. You can get caught up in the superficiality of the business if you don't watch yourself (read: you'll end up spending your whole check at work.) Your coworkers are good at their jobs and will try to sell you everything they have. Trying to stay drama free at a female dominated business is often a futile pursuit...

Ease up! We understand that we have jobs because thing are being sold. We know that. We don't need to be berated and bullied into doing the salespeople's jobs when we were hired to help support them, not be them. That's your worst mistake, you are trading people who are good at problem solving and conflict resolution for people who would just as soon be selling full time. That will hurt the customer service in the long run and isn't that what you stand for above all else?

3048 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work if you are part of a good team.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent discount on sale items. Fun environment most of the time. Sometimes great perks like winning tickets to events or merchandise.

Cons

Commission sales=returns and stolen sales. Can be an extremely edgey environment during slow times. Certain people ruin it for everyone and never get fired.

Don't get overwhelmed. It is your job to help your employees sell! Respect!

Well Managed Company

Current Employee - Art Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Art Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hard work is usually rewarded, and Nordstrom employees are generally hard-working. Systems and processes are constantly changing offering room for growth.

Cons

Salaries are good for the industry, but retail salaries are low compared to other industries.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom