Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,468 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great people, good working atmosphere, excellent benefits and above average wages.

Sales Integration Specialist (Former Employee)
Salem, OR

ProsA sense of ownership, great hiring practices ensure your coworkers are usually good people, above average compensation, generous PTO, profit sharing, discounts on stock purchases, great employee discount!

ConsDepending on who you work under, management can be problematic because they are often under stress from their bosses. You can get caught up in the superficiality of the business if you don't watch yourself (read: you'll end up spending your whole check at work.) Your coworkers are good at their jobs and will try to sell you everything they have. Trying to stay drama free at a female dominated business is often a futile pursuit...

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up! We understand that we have jobs because thing are being sold. We know that. We don't need to be berated and bullied into doing the salespeople's jobs when we were hired to help support them, not be them. That's your worst mistake, you are trading people who are good at problem solving and conflict resolution for people who would just as soon be selling full time. That will hurt the customer service in the long run and isn't that what you stand for above all else?

Best people, good benefits, happy with my job

Benefits Service Center (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great employees, good benefits, discount is awesome, exciting new thnings… Cons: need better salary for non sales associates, a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Just stick with the Nordstrom motto of use you your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Department Manager (Current Employee)
    White Plains, NY

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Opportunity of growing within the company. Sales commission Cons: Too many hours to get job done No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.