Love my Job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Natick, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Natick, MA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros

With commission anyone can make their own pay check, there is money to be made at Nordstrom. The brothers that run the company are super down to earth and yes they do travel around a good amount and take time to meet their employees - even the sales people.

Overall Nordstrom is a fun company to work for, and while technically it is retail, it does not feel like retail. It's fun and makes you challenge yourself everyday.

Cons

Pay varies on commission (which is great!) but month total pay varies depending on the time of the year, so you have to budget to consider the few months that may be slow. Other Con, while it doesn't feel like a retail job, the hours are still retail hours and around the Holidays that can be hard.

You work to SUPPORT and MOTIVATE your salespeople.... they drive your business. Do not forget that.

Other Reviews for Nordstrom

I never received the training I should have received

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours in the Cafe were very good, I only worked 40 hours as a salaried manager. The food was also top notch.

Cons

From day one of my training I was never given clear direction on what I needed to accomplish. This was ultimately the start of my demise from this company. I made it very clear that home life collapsed and that it was going to be a challenge. Training was very poor and I could have done better if they would have trained me correctly.

Give clear direction during training on what I need to learn other than operations and financials, if I would have known I would still be with the company.

Passionate people focusing on customer service and fashion!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros

commission based salary, infinite amount of money you can make. Benefits if working 40+ hours a week. 20% or 33% discount on full line and rack purchases. Room for internal growth. When interested in growing you, they will put you into development programs.

Cons

cutthroat sales associates at times. Not a lazy place to work. Your feet kill you as a sales associate! Not a very good work/ real ife balance. You eat, sleep, breathe nordstrom while you work there.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!