There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Best job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nordstrom is a phenomenal company to work for. Not only is the pay excellent, the company really does everything that it can to keep its employees happy (and it shows). The discount is very generous (especially considering you can use it on sale items and food) and getting an entire hour for lunch is another huge plus.

The golden rule at Nordstrom: Use good judgement. Sales associates are truly individual representations of the company. You are your own boss and the company trusts you to make big decisions that almost all other companies would require manager approval for (i.e. - you can change the price of any item at your sole discretion, waive overnight shipping fees, email customers directly etc.)

Cons

Sometimes my department was understaffed and overwhelming. Some departments can become overly competitive. Frustrating when item is out of stock.

Give 20-25% of DTC commission to the employee fulfilling the DTC (this will drastically increase the amount of DTCs that are fulfilled (as well as the rate at which they are done), which will obviously lead to higher customer satisfaction)

Mobile POS is great - but should not be the only option. Registers are much more convenient as UIIs, bags, trash etc. are readily available.

2739 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

women's clothing commission

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice people, discount, clean, great benefits, safe environment. Opportunity to build clientele and to make money if you are in the right department and if you are passionate about what you sell.

Cons

other sales people steal your customer, no one has your back, managers are all talk and no action. Returns are huge.
    High sales goals even if you are the newest on staff and get the worst hours. Constant pressure to perform.

Take care of your best employees. I was bullied by another employee and my manager knew it and did nothing for me. I quit.

One of the best companies to work

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for Nordstrom is great you build a extensive resume. The opportunity to grow within the company is outstanding.

Cons

The return policy. Items that get return are usually 6month to 7 years old. This is frustrating to a sales person that puts their everything in providing excellent customer to have the commission taken away

More training to staff regarding how handle fraudulent customers

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!