Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

I loved working at Nordstrom

Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsEmployee discount; working with the customers. Nordstrom pays commission and I earned a lot more than I thought I could in retail. There is room for advancement. Nordstrom is very good at providing motivation to do your best. Nordstrom is a great company to work for.

ConsThe hours are hard because it is evenings and weekends. When customers return items you sold them, that commission gets docked from your pay. It's too easy to spend your own money on the clothes. It can be competitive because it's commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide your department managers with management training. If it's possible, try and rotate weekends off to help with work/life balance. Most families are home on the weekends and that was the reason I had to leave, because it was too hard to see my family.

Best job I've ever had

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nordstrom is a phenomenal company to work for. Not only is the pay excellent, the company really does everything that it can to keep its… Cons: Sometimes my department was understaffed and overwhelming. Some departments can… Advice to Senior Management: Give 20-25% of DTC commission to the employee fulfilling the DTC (this will drastically increase the amount of DTCs that are fulfilled (as well as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

women's clothing commission

Salesperson (Current Employee) La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: nice people, discount, clean, great benefits, safe environment. Opportunity to build clientele and to make… Cons: other sales people steal your customer, no one has your back, managers are all talk and no action. Returns are huge.… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your best employees. I was bullied by another employee… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!