Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,469 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

I loved working at Nordstrom

Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

ProsEmployee discount; working with the customers. Nordstrom pays commission and I earned a lot more than I thought I could in retail. There is room for advancement. Nordstrom is very good at providing motivation to do your best. Nordstrom is a great company to work for.

ConsThe hours are hard because it is evenings and weekends. When customers return items you sold them, that commission gets docked from your pay. It's too easy to spend your own money on the clothes. It can be competitive because it's commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide your department managers with management training. If it's possible, try and rotate weekends off to help with work/life balance. Most families are home on the weekends and that was the reason I had to leave, because it was too hard to see my family.

well oiled machine

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: training is thorough so that employees represent the brand and meet the customer service standard, all employees start at the bottom and… Cons: commission system is not perfect, you can spend hours making a sale, and have a customer come back the next day and buy from someone… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I was totally mislead

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Skokie, IL

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: I really liked my coworkers, 20% discount, helping a great customer… Cons: What they don't tell you is if you are not a great salesperson you will make about $9 an hour. They tell you $18-20 -… Advice to Senior Management: Be real and tell us what the good and poor salespeople make- wouldn't have taken the job had I known. Your lack of honesty caused… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.