Great learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Peabody, MA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Peabody, MA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health and dental insurance for those who need it, great company environment, really cares about customers and employees

Cons

Difficult for college grads to move up in the company (have to start from the bottom)

none

Other Reviews for Nordstrom

Good culture for a retailer

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team environment, commissions drive your own pay, more flexibility in scheduling than most retailers.

Cons

Working Holidays and weekends....but that is retail

Don;t forget that the sales people are the face of the company

Best Company and Learning Experience Ever!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Nordstrom part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started working at Nordstrom when I was 16 as a stock girl. Although it was not the most glamourous job, I learned a lot and gained appreciation for the behind-the-scenes tasks that need to be done in order for the store to function. Then I progressed and became a Cashier in BP which is a high schooler's dream. Now, 5 years later, I am a seasonal Sales Associate in the Rail. I love the experience I have had at Nordstrom. The commission-based salary is very motivating and makes you feel accomplished when you open that pay check and know how had you worked for that money. The majority of the employees are very pleasant to work with and management, for the most part, has met my standards. Overall, GREAT company! My loyalty is always with Nordstrom

Cons

Sale set-up and inventory are a drag. Also, as an employee, the Anniversary sale feels like it's never ending, but it's a great paycheck boost and at 2PM on the first day you can finally reward yourself from all your hard work during pre-select. No cons, just bitter-sweet aspects of the job!

Make sure management is qualified for the position rather than "brought-up" by someone of a higher position. Also, make sure that outstanding management is recognized and rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!