Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,464 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

great company to learn about how to be a great leader of people

Merchandise Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsGreat pay and salaries. Solid benefits, 401K match and profit sharing. Opportunity to grow as far as you want with ample support and great mentors.

ConsMust be a self starter. Can not, should not rely on others to walk you through your new position in order to learn. Can take over your life and demand way more than the 40 hour work week.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear expectations and examples on how to get there. Keep the employee benefits as a top priority.

Rewarding Job

Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom part-time

Pros: great customer service training and experience you work for your own paychecks since you pay is commission based makes good money all levels of management are very… Cons: gets really stressful when you are not making your goals Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A bit of a shark tank, but rewarding none the less.

COSMETICS (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay, schedule flexibility, company built on inverted pyramid, discounts. Also, Blake Nordstrom himself came to announce that… Cons: The environment is competitive and can get extremely sharky and some… Advice to Senior Management: n/a Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.