Nordstrom

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great corporate retail experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Distinct company culture. Nordstrom values its employees; capitalizes on customer service, acknowledge that superb customer relations cannot be built without their employees.

Cons

Holidays/Anniversary Sales can get hectic

3227 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

I was a top-seller who never received benefits because I didn't have an exact 40 hours, but I worked full-time.

Former Employee - Savvy Sales Associate in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Savvy Sales Associate in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nordstrom has a great system, as far as registers go (ringing customers up, using "Personal Book," etc.).

Cons

I never received health insurance, despite that I worked full-time. I tried to discuss this with the store manager, but she tried to convince me that I definitely wouldn't want a full 40 hours because I would receive less money on my paycheck, due to the fact that its commission-based. Due to Nordstrom's return policy, I would have a great month, followed by a month in which I made very little money -due to all of the customers who returned whichever items they wanted (even if it was obvious they'd been worn, simply because that is Nordstrom's policy).

- Have a stricter return policy
    - Care about employees as much as you do customers (a.k.a. sales), and give them health insurance, especially if they are working full-time (despite whether it is an exact 40 hours).

Not too shabby

Current Employee - Corporate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is always growing and loves to promote from within. Started at the store level, made it to corporate. Flexible, good management and evolving with technology. If you earn your keep, they make things work for you.

Cons

A little political at times, much like everywhere else you go.

Keep evolving, but maybe fine tune project management aspects, especially at the corp. level.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom