Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,214 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great Company

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you want to move up you simply have to work hard, show you can produce sales and be vocal about it. Networking with the right people and voicing your desire to move into management really work here.

ConsIt is a big box company so you don't get a huge say in the business. You do get to run your own department in a sense, but are not able to get your hands on as many aspects as a smaller business.

Not too bad

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for less than a year

Pros: Unlimited earning potential (depending on the department you work in) Generally a laid back and fun place to work if selling is your thing and it… Cons: Similar to the pros: If you are in a slow department, one that is overcrowded with employees or just one that doesn't have high priced goods… Advice to Senior Management: Be a little bit more up to speed with all of the functions in your respective department. It could've just been my department (kidswear) and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to work!!

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good work life balance, family orienated Cons: Long hours, should be paid more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.