Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
  www.nordstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great company to work for...fun!

Current Employee - Retail Sales in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun yet challenging. Relationship building is great. Meeting and helping customers is very rewarding.

Cons

Retail Sales is commission only. You never know what your paycheck will be.

3070 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Nordstrom is a great company

I have been working at Nordstrom part-time

Pros

compensation, competitive environment, good employees and managers

Cons

can also be a pro, but too much confidence in young individuals who hold powerful positions

Inverted Pyramid Theory

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nordstrom is undoubtedly the best at keeping an active and open mind to growing the company's business. They constantly work on creating a satisfying environment for their employees and customers in order to have a strong successful future. They adopt new policies into their systems and to reflect the time and generation of their current shopper/employee. Growing the company is vital and Nordstrom knows how to find/grow talent at all ages... my best Department Managers were only 23 and 26 (nearly 10 years younger than I)... they were AMAZING, made us #1, and was our strongest most fearless leaders who were positive and alongside us all as support!!!

Cons

Nordstrom implements the "Inverted Pyramid" theory. A true "Inverted Pyramid" would allow Employees to evaluate their coworkers as well as Management team! This would give Managers an idea of what happens on the sales floor and, more importantly, gives the Store Manager an in-depth look on how his Managers are doing from those that work with them closest! A company that can implement this will truly become a powerful retail force!!!

Constantly seek AND LISTEN to the advice of those who make your business happen (Top Sellers). They are the ones that understand the clientele and can make your business triple!!! Then, BE THERE in person to support them all the way... even if it means grabbing more register tape!

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom