Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great training but not many opportunities to move up

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing training program and materials, decent entry-level pay. This is a great company to work for. They give you the tools you need to succeed in the job you were hired for.

Cons

Takes forever to move up in the company, bad hours (but you'll find that in any retail job). I did not see much of a future here. It would have been a good place to be if I were a salesman (depending on the department) because you get commission. However, not the greatest place to be for a creative person, hoping to move into a more creative career. Also, working in the department I worked in was mind-numbingly boring. But that is to no fault of the company.

Everything is run very efficiently as well, so keep up the good work. I would like to see you nurture the talent that students with degrees in fashion have.

3227 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Fun

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun workplace, cool people, relaxed setting, easy to make a lot of money if you work hard, great company that cares about it's employees and it's customers, flexible schedule.

Cons

Long hours and closing shift could be brutal if you work it alone.

Enjoyed working for the company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great competitive culture. It challenged me and helped me grow as a manager There are always opportunities to grow within the company. You have to ask and show initiative but also prove yourself. They offer training to make you a better manager and leader.

Cons

Nordstrom's culture is not for everyone. It is very customer and goal driven with no excuses for falling short. Therefore, it's not for everyone.

Don't forget to listen and empathize with your team when trying to reach your goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom