Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

Great training but not many opportunities to move up

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing training program and materials, decent entry-level pay. This is a great company to work for. They give you the tools you need to succeed in the job you were hired for.

ConsTakes forever to move up in the company, bad hours (but you'll find that in any retail job). I did not see much of a future here. It would have been a good place to be if I were a salesman (depending on the department) because you get commission. However, not the greatest place to be for a creative person, hoping to move into a more creative career. Also, working in the department I worked in was mind-numbingly boring. But that is to no fault of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is run very efficiently as well, so keep up the good work. I would like to see you nurture the talent that students with degrees in fashion have.

Fun

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun workplace, cool people, relaxed setting, easy to make a lot of money if… Cons: Long hours and closing shift could be brutal if you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyed working for the company

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great competitive culture. It challenged me and helped me grow as a manager There are always opportunities to grow within the company.… Cons: Nordstrom's culture is not for everyone. It is very customer and… Advice to Senior Management: Don't forget to listen and empathize with your team when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!